Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hey for those that weren't aware of new drivers for herc mk2 and vdj 5.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok guys, so I finally fixed my issue. I was having problems with the herc mk2 and vdj 5.1 Like you could hear the sound coming out of the herc mk2 instead of the laptop, but when you try to utilize some of the buttons and features on the mk2, you couldn't really use it. So, what I did was uppgrade to 5.2. Then tried using the herc mk2 drivers and still no luck.

Finally I went to the hercules.com website. Under support and faq tab, then when you get to the techy side of the website, you will select under products: soundcards, then type of soundcard will be mk2, then drivers, then a window should pop up, or a page should refresh and at the bottom, click on windows xp. It will be different for those using vista and mac, but I'm still running xp on my laptop. If your using vista, download the vista driver.

After you done so, hercules will be prompting you to disconnect and reconnect the usb cable of the herc from your laptop. Also keep in mind, that you do not have to un install the drivers when beginning this download. It will automatically do it for you, so to avoid any hassle or confusion, just follow what i'm saying here.

Then after its done, open up vdj, and make sure you have the mk2 selected, and you should be good to go!!

Now I haven't tried broadcasting with it yet, since I usually use the hercmk2 as a interface for my mixer and turntables, but I will let you guys know how it turned out.

But the herc drivers are brand new from june 8th, 2008, or somewhere around that time. If your using any drivers of the herc mk2 2007 it might not be compatible with 5.1 or 5.2.

I know I'm probably a little late on this guide, but for those that havne't been keeping up with new versions of vdj and the upgraded driver for the herc mk2, this should benefit you as it did for me.

heres the link for the new herc mk2 driver:
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=177&cid=1

i already went through all the pages, so just go there, and you should be able to locate the updated drivers for the herc mk2 there, for xp, vista, or mac, i believe. not sure.

hope this helps out all those that haven't been keeping up or to those having issues with 5.2 and herc mk2.

best regards,
JC

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 2:34 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 5:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)