Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vdj 5.2 release date?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

whats goin on everyone,

it seems that the vdj 5.2 will fix all the problems the hercules rmx is having right now. does anybody know when is it coming out? i am waiting till that comes out and then i was planning to buy the rmx.

is the rmx that bad ppl? i was really looking forward to it...

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 1:18 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Well it's actually just being released today, as for whether it's sorted out the RMX, it's down to your personal opinion, me I don't think it has, but I don't really have any major problems with it. I've found a problem with 5.2 already regarding the Pitch bend buttons.

As I should in another post, whether it's a VirtualDJ problem or a Hercules driver problem or a combo of the two who knows, but it will get sorted eventually.

I've gone back to 5.1

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 1:28 pm
thanks for the feedback,

from what i have hearing, ppl here were saying it was a software problem, hence the constant driver uodates and so forth,

and considering a pro like u going back to 5.1, i dont know if i wanna wait for 5.3 now..;-P

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 1:45 pm

It's up to you mate, but 5.1 is still good.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 1:47 pm
so would u get 5.2 if u buy hercules rmx now?

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 1:56 pm

You have to buy the RMX and VirtualDJ Pro 5.2 separately,

the 5.2 doesn't come with the RMX. But you will get a discount if you decide to download 5.2

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 2:05 pm
what version of virtual dj does the virtual rmx come with>

thanks...

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 2:12 pm

It comes with, VirtualDJ 5 DJC Edition version, It just has less features than the Pro version.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 2:25 pm
understood, thanks man,

is the hercules rmx a good soundcard for timecode?

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 2:36 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's a mid-range card. For beatmatching it is ok n good but not so for heavy scratching if u are a scratch dj:)

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 3:01 pm
i was gonna say, i dj on the side, just to have fun and stuff, so scratching is not a big thing for me, i usually do beat mixing a lot,

hercules rmx and numark tt usb a good combination?

i am running on a toshiba AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology 1.8 GHz with 3.3 gb ram...

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 3:11 pm
farhanashraf wrote :
i was gonna say, i dj on the side, just to have fun and stuff, so scratching is not a big thing for me, i usually do beat mixing a lot,

hercules rmx and numark tt usb a good combination?

i am running on a toshiba AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology 1.8 GHz with 3.3 gb ram...

You should be fine then.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 4:39 pm
FotobroPRO InfinityMember since 2018
I'm a little confused on the postings. I just bought the Hercules RMX and upgraded from the MK2 running VDJ v.5.6. Is this going to be compatible?

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 4:50 pm
The RMX is compatible, with any version of VirtualDJ from 5rev7 and up.

Today VirtualDJ 5.2 was released, but I'm not happy with 5.2. So I've re-installed 5.1.

So Fotobro, first thing you should do is to download 5.1 if you can and install it, then your RMX should work fine.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 5:07 pm
Hi, I pro made the update of the Virtual DJ for version 5.2 and the console that I have, model Hercules MK2 stopped to function. What I must make? Thank you

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 7:02 pm
jimmy.,

in your opnion, could u tell us the cons of 5.2? thanks..

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 8:54 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 9:55 am
farhanashraf wrote :
jimmy.,

in your opnion, could u tell us the cons of 5.2? thanks..

The biggest problem for me and the only one really, in 5.2 they have changed how the Pitch bend buttons function, for the RMX, and it's just wrong. I use these 2 buttons all the time, so it's crap for me, other than that it's fine. It's fine when I use my TCV/maya. But I've gone back to using 5.1 till they sort the Issue with the RMX out.

As cstoll has just said they've added alot more controllers to VirtualDJ setup which is good.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 10:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)