Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: mixing question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi, I have a 4 tracks that i would like to basically re record so the tempo is 145 BPM. It is already mixed, so i just want the songs to start and end, no crossfading or anything.
Ive set automix, and disabled auto cue. Ive changed crossfader types, and set the autocross length to minimum.

But no matter what i adjust it wont start the 2nd song at the exact start of the song.

WHY?

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 8:42 pm
Why don't you just use iTunes?

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 12:27 pm
i want to speed up the tempo.. I want to adjust the tempo and just record to mp3 again. Is there an easier way?

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 1:16 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Not sure if this is easier, but it's what I do. I figure out the mix I want to run. I use VDJ to adjust the pitch and figure out the mix points for each track. I record each track individually. I take those files and put them into Logic and fine tune it there. In Logic, you can export all the tracks into one file. With four tracks this method would take about 45 minutes, but all transitions and volumes will be perfect and continuous.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 3:39 pm
So no one knows if it possible in automix mode to have it start the song at the begging?? How does it determine when to start the 2nd song?

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 9:00 pm
I have Cue, so VDJ might be different, but there is an option to not fade automix. In the playlist box, on the left side, there should be a "+" symbol. If you Ctrl+click on that, you should see something that says "automix type". There should be "smart", "fade", and "none"...you want none.

Try this.
J

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 12:44 pm
Correct area. Fade with silence gave be results. If you dont choose fade none, it doesnt seem to keep the tempo.

Thanks

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 9:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)