Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Equalizer not working while pre-listening VDJ5.0.7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FeelinHome userMember since 2005
Hi!

I'm using VDJ 5.0.7 with Hercules DJ Console (1st edition) (latest DJ Console drivers) and my OS is Windows XP PRO with SP3!

My problem is I can't get the equalizer knobs to do any effect while pre-listening a track on the headphones! While a track is on master (with the crossfader on the track's deck side), the effects take place as expected, but, if I do the same on the pre-listening track, the bass, medium and treble levels just stay the same, no matter how much moving I do on the knobs!

For example: if I kill the bass, medium and treble on the pre-listening track, I still hear it on the headphones as if I didn't move on the knobs. If, leaving the knobs like that, I crossfade that track to master, nothing is heard, because in master the equalizer knobs "settings" already produce effect! If I then move the knobs to hear the bass, medium and treble, the track "comes to life" and it responds to any other changes I make with the knobs!

So, resuming, the equalizer knobs do the expected effect on the track being played as master, but don't do anything at all on the track in pre-listening! Also, the pitch button doesn't work!

This didn't happen with VDJ 3.4, everything worked fine there (DJ Console with the same drivers)!

I've read a topic here from a guy with a similar problem (don't know his VDJ version). It was suggested to him to use the registry patch by dj cel (http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2170), which is now in v1.7 and was updated to work with VDJ 5. I tried it but it messed with DirectSound!

Anyone knows how to troubleshoot this (or the right options in Registry Tool v1.7 to solve this problem)?

Thx!

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 6:01 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Yes, you need to download and install Registry Tool to fix your problem by enabling "EqInHeadphones"

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 7:55 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Feelin wrote :
Hi!

I'm using VDJ 5.0.7 with Hercules DJ Console (1st edition) (latest DJ Console drivers) and my OS is Windows XP PRO with SP3!

My problem is I can't get the equalizer knobs to do any effect while pre-listening a track on the headphones! While a track is on master (with the crossfader on the track's deck side), the effects take place as expected, but, if I do the same on the pre-listening track, the bass, medium and treble levels just stay the same, no matter how much moving I do on the knobs!

For example: if I kill the bass, medium and treble on the pre-listening track, I still hear it on the headphones as if I didn't move on the knobs. If, leaving the knobs like that, I crossfade that track to master, nothing is heard, because in master the equalizer knobs "settings" already produce effect! If I then move the knobs to hear the bass, medium and treble, the track "comes to life" and it responds to any other changes I make with the knobs!

So, resuming, the equalizer knobs do the expected effect on the track being played as master, but don't do anything at all on the track in pre-listening! Also, the pitch button doesn't work!

This didn't happen with VDJ 3.4, everything worked fine there (DJ Console with the same drivers)!

I've read a topic here from a guy with a similar problem (don't know his VDJ version). It was suggested to him to use the registry patch by dj cel (http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2170), which is now in v1.7 and was updated to work with VDJ 5. I tried it but it messed with DirectSound!

Anyone knows how to troubleshoot this (or the right options in Registry Tool v1.7 to solve this problem)?

Thx!

You have been coming to these forums since March '05. There was an answer posted by me, too view it you are going to need to purchase a license please. Hope too see you as a Pro user soon.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 8:09 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I hope you will be a pro user soon as well

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 6:21 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
this also solved problem for me - nice one, cheers.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 08 @ 4:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)