Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5.1 doesn't completely DEACTIVATE secondary video display

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use the default pro skin for ver. 5.1. I also use Slideshow when audio is playing between karaoke songs. Then I switch to my karaoke program, but before I hit "play" with the karaoke program I need to deactivate the video from VDJ. If I don't the karaoke program I use will cause a shutdown error when I try to play a karaoke song. Priority needs to be removed from VDJ secondary monitor this way.

With ver 4.3, the way I did this was to click on the video tab that is located just to the left of the config tab; or ctrl-V, or goto config and click on deactivate; All would work fine. . One click and the video was deactivated, and the second monitor was free to use with the karaoke program I use.

My problem now is that when using version 5.1 and this method of deactivating VDJ's video, the karaoke program causes a shutdown error, just as if I "had not" deactivated the video. This problem began with ver. 5.1, a bug in 5.1 must be doing this; it never occurred in VDJ4.3.

As I stated before, this was not an issue in 4.3 using that same skin to deactivate the video. The video is somehow NOT entirely deactivated and still retains priority because I get the exact same error I get when I don't deactivate at all, when using this method in 5.1.

The only difference I see is that the secondary screen no longer shows the VDJ slide(picture), but the last picture from a slideshow stays on the video preview screen in VDJ, where before that preview screen would wipe itself clean. I can only work around this if I shut down VDJ, because if I keep VDJ running, every subsequent "PLAY" with the karaoke program will shut down as it does not have priority.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 6:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)