Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Installation sequence for Audio Kontrol VCI-100 and VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I bought an Audio Kontrol 1 a Native Instruments VCI-100 midi controller and got the basic VDJ software pakage bundled with it. I have tried to install on two desktop computers now but the VDJ software just will not recognise the midi controller. I have assumed there must be some sort of software conflit so rather than un-install programmes on my desktops (I need a lot of the stuff I have accumulated over the years) I bought a laptop. I also bought and installed last night in fact a 7200rpm external USB2.0 harddrive which I will put all my MP3s on. I will uninstall all unwanted programmes that the laptop came bundled with tonight and tommorow remove the existing 2x512Mb (1Gb) of RAM and replace with 2x2Mb (4Gb) of 'Crucial' Ram. What I now need to know however is this; What is the correct sequence to install my hardware and software?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 2:55 am
As far as I am aware, the Audio Kontrol 1 and Vestax VCI-100 do not have VirtualDJ bundled with them They include a cut-down LE version of Traktor 3.

If you are trying to use this setup with the Home Edition of VirtualDJ that came with your Hercules console, this may not work because it's a free cut-down version only intended for use with the Hercules console.

The latest version of VirtualDJ Professional has native support for the Vestax VCI-100 - You can upgrade from your Home Edition of VirtualDJ at a discount:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/87892/General_Discussion/_NEWS__Special_PRO_version_discount_price_for_Hercules_DJConsole_RMX_home_users.html?page=1

Posted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 12:25 pm
I forgot I bought that and yes you are right it cam with the HErcules! I thought the Hercules was no good so I went back to the shop and they told me VDJ Home Edition would work with the Vestax. I was going to get the upgrade to the pro edition at the shop for a discount price but they told me they had none left. They said the only real difference between Home and Pro was extra functionality but knowwhere does it or did they say one works with the Vestax and the other does not? Surley they are just both midi controllers doing the same thing electronically? The shops own web page even says ''Even if you don't have any DJ software, the VCI100 ships with Traktor LE, this can also be upgraded to the full version for a little extra cost!''?

I'm gona try the LE version again for now. Can't see the deal on the link so it must have been removed? Thanks for your help thus far. SO what order shall I install all my stuff?

Posted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 1:15 pm
VirtualDJ Professional will work with a wide variety of controllers - For a full list of the differences, please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

The Home Edition is only designed to work with the hardware it was purchased with (The Hercules DJ Console.) In fact, it may not work at all without the console connected. If a full version of VDJ Pro was given away with the console, it would increase the selling price quite considerably.

The upgrade to VirtualDJ Professional is only valid if you still own the Hercules DJ Console.

Technically, every controller is different in the way it works (Different buttons, layout, etc.) - Native support has to be pre-programmed for the controller for it to work, or in VDJ Pro, you can use the general MIDI mapper to manually map each button yourself to the functions of your choice.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 2:54 pm
I see what you are saying from looking at the comparrissons there is an x in the midi device support but a tick in the box for the pro-version. Upgrade time I think! Thanks for your help. Very useful!

Posted Thu 24 Jul 08 @ 4:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)