Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: controller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
which cntrl. is better to buy:

denon hc4500
denon hd2500

can you use the hd2500 with vdj?

thanks
Dj Cali

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 2:25 pm
The Denon HC4500 is your best choice for use with VirtualDJ - It's natively supported by VirtualDJ, allowing the LED's and text displays to fully function.

At the moment, the Denon HD2500 can only be used as a general MIDI controller (With the appropriate Denon firmware update installed.) This means that you must map each button yourself manually. The button LED's will also not function.

However, native support for the HD2500 may be added in a future version of VirtualDJ.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 2:48 pm
cool thanks also how about the cd player that comes with the 4500 any good or bad coments on this one...

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 2:59 pm
The 4500 doesnt comes with a cd player. You have to buy it. In Denon's forums almost everybody like it. The only thing that I personally dont like is the lack of scratch effect. But other than that I bet it is a champ as almost denons gear.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 3:39 pm
well i just pick up the 4500 having problems...
everytime i plug in the usb port i get a blue screen physical memory error

this is the only time it happens...

and ever happen

specs:

dell inspiron 1525

core 2 duo 1.83
3 gigs ram

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 7:40 pm
It sounds like your HC4500 does not have the latest firmware installed. Also, the older driver for the HC4500 is not compatible with Windows Vista.

Please visit http://www.denondj.com/plugin.asp?prod=DN-HC4500 to download the firmware/driver update.

NOTE: If you are running Vista, and experience problems updating the firmware, you will need to do the update on a Windows XP PC.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 8:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)