Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT!!!???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am in a 20 day trial period with VDJ and I cannot get VDJ to work right with my Behringer BCD3000. I decided to try VDJ after hearing how "good" VDJ is and the new optionstat are available compared to Traktor 3. However, I submitted a problem to tech support on the 19th and no one has looked at the ticket yet-it promised a response within 48 hours and nothing! Traktor 3 may be inferior to VDJ but at least they respond when I have questions or concerns. Traktor 3 is a lot easier to work with too-easier to load decks and it works perfectly with my BCD3000. With Traktor 3 I can cue one deck(prelisten) while playing on deck 2, but with VDJ I can't-it's either play through my headphones or through the master out. It may be a setting that I haven't found yet or something just as simple to get it working right but I am not spending $300 on a program that has no customer support.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 3:33 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The BCD series sound cards have been a huge disappointment as far as working with VDJ is concerned. The 2000 had a bad chip set in them and the 3000 has never really lived up too its potential. Most other midi devices and sound cards work just fine on most systems, and as just a midi controller both the 3K and 2K work fine. Please do not assume the worst from the software, when the hardware is as much, if not more, to blame....

Now, please post your system specs and a description of the problems you have been having, times, duration, files types being played. And lets see if we can get you some options for making VDJ work for you.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 3:46 pm
Unfortunately, I don't have the extra money needed to upgrade my mixer at this time since I just purchased a brand new backup laptop and other gear. I have decided to upgrade my Tracktor 3 instead since the Behringer BCD3000 has never let me down at events. I may come back to VDJ once they get their act together and actually provide the support directly from Atomix.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 8:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Our support is provide directly from Atomix. Priority is given to licensed users. I am positive if you would have check the forums in the Hardware Technical Support threads you would have found that you simply needed to set your OUTPUT option to Headphones. Then you would have been fine. Our community of users share their vast knowledge on our forums and you could have received that and many more answers here.

Look forward to you trying VirtualDJ again.

Chris
VirtualDJ Team

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 8:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)