Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to configure Virtual DJ for MIDI Output

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First start off , Iam amzed how these types of software have progressed compared 10 years ago using two Winamps to DJ with (and people knocking me off as not a "real dj")

Besides that, I just did my first Gig using VDJ and used a M audio Axiom25 keyboard as my generic midi controller.

Now that iam back in the shack and toying around with it some more, I notice that when I configure a Midi controller input in VDJ, say If i were to use the on screen controls instead of the midi action, the program will not send a Midi output to my gear. It almost seems that VDJ only accepts Midi inputs and will not generate outputs?

My goal is to have VDJ send the same midi key/controller id that I have it programed to trigger, then say if i change it inside the GUI, to have it send it back out. Iam planing on programming a Atmel AVR as a Midi controller so I can build my own trigger pad/setup, for example if I hit "play" on one of the decks, I like have it send a midi output to my controller to turn on a LED.

Later I like to have full setup so I can navigate the playlists and send the text string to a LCD screen on my controller.

WIll i need to download the SDK and do it that way?

Sean-

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 12:08 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Correct, VDJ will not send MIDI outputs of commands unless sending output to natively supported hardware or sent from a plugin.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 4:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)