Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Extra snippet of sound while using keylock.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

I know this happens all the time. It has been a 'feature' of VDJ for a long time. The sound performance is MAX and the MT sets itself as 3 and 0.

That causes a snippet of sound when cueing up. However, the sound quality is awesome. Set it to fastest, and no more snippet but the sound quality suffers.

Is there any way around this or will it ever be fixed? WDM/ASIO does not matter.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 1:24 pm
Me thinks I found the solution - maybe.

While adjusting the slider, my clunky P4 system is all the way left. (Fast vs Perform)

Auto for latency and 3 & 0 for the MT.

MT sounds sweet and don't hear those snippets when load fresh track.

ASIO4ALL and mfg's version - same thing.

So, I will just try on my main rig by backing the performance a notch and see what happens.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 11:29 am
Ok - now I think I found the culprit. The Scratch section. By choosing Simple over Enhanced, makes it disappear. I maxed the performance and problem was still gone (still keeping Simple checked).

I can keep MT on Advanced and get sweet sounding MT action.

What exactly are these settings for? I don't use TCV or any type of time control.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 1:52 pm
The scratch algorithm settings determine how the scratch actually sounds (simulated sound more or less like a needle in the groove of a record, depending on quality setting). If you do no scratching, leave it on simple and you'll be fine.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 11:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)