Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: CDG/ZIPS won't load automatically/Ends of songs being cut off

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Perhaps you can help me...
On our new Vista laptop, with the CDG / Zip codecs installed, it doesn't load karaoke files.. all the zip folders just remain in the directory browser and do not open into the main list - is this a fault with vista? or just me being stupid?

Also, the laptop is also used during theatre productions - VDJ is cool for running sound effects, backing tracks for musicals but sometimes SOME tracks have 30 seconds or so cut off the end and the music stops before it should - not with every track but some.

MAX load is on, no cue points set - just load up and play - last night I had to resort to using Windows Media Player in the middle of a show because of this - I'd rather NOT do that again!!!!!!

Thanks for your help

Paul. d Barry's DJ

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 5:40 am
sorry additional,

often the main display is off when this happens to the CDG / Zip problem - I have the job of tidy up the main drive with the files on it but sometimes have to check the files only to find I can't open them....

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 5:42 am
The CDG/ZIP problem is supposedly being looked at. It's a problem with the compression.... Look above at the sticky

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 9:38 pm
Upgraded to version 5.0.7 and the CDG / ZIP problen has gone away - however the early cutting off of some files still happens!!

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 1:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)