Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Lack of a Mac Trial?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there. I've been playing around with some Virtual DJ software, as well as some Rane Serato ScratchLive software at my local guitar center, and decided that the one I am after is likely going to be Virual DJ. I'm not sure if the developers of VirtualDJ read these boards, but I do think it is appalling that there is no demo of Virtual DJ for Mac. I would never, in my right mind, spend $299 on a piece of software that I have no guarantee will work on my machine, and without trying it to its fullest. I'm not really directing this post anywhere, other than to ask VirtualDJ to please release a demo for Mac OSX. If there is no demo, I cannot consider buying, and you are losing a potential customer. Most professional DJs I come across are running software on their Macs; how can you expect the whole Mac-using DJ population to be excluded from trying your product before purchasing?

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 9:42 pm
ebitHome userMember since 2008
I agree absolutely ...

Posted Wed 23 Jul 08 @ 4:40 pm
I wish they would offer a Mac OS X UB (PPC & Intel) Demo. I could have made a Mac skin by now. Maybe a HC4500 skin.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 08 @ 8:42 am
When a trial version of the last Virtual DJ soft will be available for Mac OSX users ? Thanx

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 11:49 am
Absolutely Man , I just bough a 1,700 Mac to use it especially for virtual dj, I have a gig this friday and now i have to buy the program first and I am not sure if it would work with the latest version of mac which is 10.5.2
Did you bought the program? if you did which version are you running it with? also i would be running it with an mbox.....what audio interface do you use?

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 12:14 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If u don't do timescodes, there shouldn't be any problem and the software run good.

The best card to use will be the NVV audio interface.

Hope to see u with us soon;)

Regards.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 1:41 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I second what SpinnaJ said. As long as you don't plan on using timecode, you shouldn't have a problem. I have an M-Audio Fast Track Pro, and it works fine. I haven't tested ver 5.2 much, so I'm not sure if you still have to set up the sound card as an aggregate device like previous versions. If you plan to buy the software, get it in time to work out the bugs (if any) before your event.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 11:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)