Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: behringer 5-channel mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently purchased a 5-channel input mixer to control and use virtual dj 5 with.
but i can't seem to make the first two channels control the virtual decks in vdj.
in config i have the settings set to
INPUT none
OUTPUT external mixer
SOUND CARD mono separated

with the rca cables running out of the headphone jack of my PC split btwn the two channels.

is my pc just too old, do i need to maybe purchase a second sound card?

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 6:20 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
When you say you can't control the decks, what do you mean exactly? Can you hear any audio through the mixer?

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 1:02 am
KENNY BPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think you have been led up the garden path here. Your mixer as far as I’m aware will not control your virtual dj unless it has at least a usb socket with a midi interface built in the mixer

I don’t think it does in this case and you need to get an external sound card with minimum of 4 audio channel outputs to make this work with your mixer

Then you will have both decks running at full volume to your mixer where you will then be able to control the volume of each deck on your mixer but the faders on your screen won’t move. Hope this helps but you out of your misery.

If you want to control what happens on screen and use your mixer buy a Hercules dj console mk2 This has all the audio channels built in and it will control your sliders on screen plus you can configure it to work with your mixer as well.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 4:50 am

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 2:17 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJAMESLEZARD wrote :

Well quite. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 6:59 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJAMESLEZARD wrote :

Phone Number to his AA group, djsherz, lol

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 8:59 am
haha thank you guys, yeah looks like i wasted my money, oh well ill still use it to control my axillary samples and such

Posted Wed 23 Jul 08 @ 3:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)