Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with installation

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I've just bought the Hercules MK2 and installed the VD 3.4.1. But, I can't hear anything. I've got Vista and a Sound Blaster X-Fi. do I have to do anything as regards the configuration of the sound card? Also, when I try to listen to a song in the Windows Media for example, it doesn't work if I have the console connected to the computer,
Thanks in advance,
Pablo

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 8:43 am
When you install a new soundcard to Windows it becomes the default system soundcard. If you go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Settings, change your default playback device from the Hercules MK2 to your Soundblaster.

When I had the Hercules console, Virtual DJ used it as your soundcard, which means audio only comes out of the Mk2, you can change this in the professional edition of Virtual DJ which is available to you at a discount here. There should be a cable that came with the Mk2 which connects into the phono outputs (channels 1&2 or 3&4), you can connect this to your speakers, or your computers line-in (which you will then need to unmute in Windows). If you're using a laptop, it may not support line-in, only mic-in, which will lead to a distorted sound.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 1:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)