Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New to VDJ and need help making it work

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am in a trial period with VDJ right now as I am considering switching software for DJing. I know that VDJ works with the Behringer BCD2000 but I use the newer Behringer BCD3000. THe BCD 3000 is not in the soundcard menu but if I select ASIO driver, then it identifies the BCD3000, however I cannot cue songs(prelisten) and play songs at the same time. I am not sure if I need to change a setting or if I am in the wrong interface. I figure there is a setting that is off and needs to be changed-anyone know how to fix this? I contacted support but the response may be a day or two.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 3:15 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The BCD series of controllers when used as a sound card have never worked properly with VDJ. As a midi controller they are OK but as far as using them as a soundcard they have been a major disappointment.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 8:35 am
My experience with VDJ so far is not good and my experience with my Behringer BCD3000 has been excellent but using Traktor 3 has been a hassle. If VDJ doesn't work with the Behringer-I will get rid of VDJ before I get rid of the Behringer.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 2:04 pm
you would be making a grave mistake!!! think about, VDJ is the best thing out there for the money!! the great thing about VDJ is that you don't even need the BCD3000! All you need is mixer and a soundcard. hell even before i got the TCV i was rockin it with just my lapyop, mixer and a USB MAYA 44. VDJ has all the effects a guy could want, and they are FREE!! go look at SERATO. YOU PAY FOR MOST UPGRADES even after you have already spent 500 to 600 dollars for the sound card (SERATO BOX)! just think about it before you change your mind. now i use turntables and mixer so i have nothing to say about the BCD3000, so dont give up.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 5:12 pm
I admit I like the ease of loading the decks-but with my BCD3000 I cannot get the VDJ to allow me to prelisten to music to adjust the levels-I can either get music in my headphones or out the master out-not both. I like the layout-I just need a better mixer if I can't get this to work. Suggestions?

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 7:22 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
tzoromski1 wrote :
Suggestions?

I would look into buying a separate USB sound card, like the DJ i/o, and use the BCD only as a midi controller....

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 7:28 pm
i use the BEHRINGER VMX1000:The techies will appreciate the super-smooth Ultraglide faders with up to 500,000 life cycles and the VCA-controlled crossfader - they yield utmost reliability and smooth audio performance. Behringer's awesome XPQ stereo surround effect will give your mix an unmistakable finishing touch, and the adjustable crossfader curve lets you quickly adapt to various mixing styles. But the list goes on: you get a 3-band kill EQ (-32 dB) with EQ on/off switch on stereo channels as well as gain control and precise level meters on each channel. There is also a monitor function with PFL/main balance control & split option and auto-talkover function with separate depth and sensitivity control. The subwoofer output with adjustable x-over frequency and level control is perfect for putting some extra punch to your dance numbers, and you'll never run out of connectivity options with the balanced main and additional zone outputs.

it seems like over kill but heres what i did, i bought the NUMARK VIRTUAL VINYL program(THE SAME AS VIRTUALDJ), 2 turntables(NUMARK TT-200),and a BEHRINGER VMX1000 MIXER. the NVV program comes with it own 3CHANNEL SOUNDCARD! now you can preview your samples cause they have their own channel! next i got a AMERICAN AUDIO VEOLCITY MP3 CD DECKS. now if someone has a request and i dont have it but they have the CD i can get it on for them. and with that i have used up all 5 CAHNNELS and i am ready for anything!

the thing about VIRTUALDJ i didnt like was that they dont sell their own soundcard like the NUMARK program(which is the same program, I WONDER WHY? TEAMERS?). as you know soundcards can pretty expensive!

not sure if you wanted to know any of this, but hey this is the BEST PROGRAM OUT THERE, i think anyways and i have used TORQ, TRAKTOR, and SERATO. so dont get down cause the BCD has a few hiccups, with this program you have a ton of options. and thats what make this program KILLER.

well i hope you dont leave us for someother program, and i hope this has helped in some way.
KEEP ROCKIN
the"SOUNDINSURGENT"

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 8:52 pm
djoyiboHome userMember since 2008
I am using Virtual DJ with Xponent from M-audio and these 2 together work very well..

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 6:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)