Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ shutting down on Macbook

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've got a white Macbook, NUMARK AXIS 9 cd players and Rane SL1 (SERATO) box. I've attempted to use my VDJ time code CDs with the SL1 but each time I try to configure my set up, VDJ quit unexpectedly! What the %^# !!!! I need some advice. When I started up SERATO it seemed fine, BUT I DON'T WANT TO RUN SERATO. HELP!

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 8:39 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djtonyidol, from what i remembered reading; i believe that the Serato is purposely block their Serato box to exclusively be used with the Mac version Serato software.

You may need to use another soundcard like VV numark

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 9:53 pm
where can you get the Virtual Vinyl soundcard without buying the program all over again. I thought I was told on one these forums that the SL1 would work with VDJ?!

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 10:06 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Direct quote from HiTower" a lot of users have the Audiotrak Maya 44 ($100). I've had success with the M-Audio Fast Track Pro ($200)."

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 10:11 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
dydy1 wrote :
djtonyidol, from what i remembered reading; i believe that the Serato is purposely block their Serato box to exclusively be used with the Mac version Serato software.

You may need to use another soundcard like VV numark

Yes exactly

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 7:15 am
We've got VDJ users on the PC threads that say they use SL1 no problem. is this a Mac issue and do you recommend maya44 as an alternative?

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 11:05 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can use SL1 on Windows but not on MAC OS with VirtualDJ

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 11:27 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djtonyidol wrote :
We've got VDJ users on the PC threads that say they use SL1 no problem. is this a Mac issue and do you recommend maya44 as an alternative?

To use time code, you'll need the Virtual Vinyl interface, or the Hercules MK2 controller. You have to buy the Virtual Vinyl package to get the interface. I've tried eBay, but I haven't found anyone just selling the interface yet. Version 5.1 is supposed to fix the time code issues. From what I understand, it's in beta testing now. As for the Maya 44, I don't use it but it seems to be pretty popular.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 1:00 pm
Does maya work with timecodes?

Posted Sat 19 Jul 08 @ 3:38 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djtonyidol wrote :
Does maya work with timecodes?

To my knowledge, it doesn't support timecode on a Mac.

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 12:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)