Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: please help ive jus bought the rmx cnt work it who can help me

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

arf69Home userMember since 2008
can sum1 please help me i have been using vdj home for a yr now in my local club its been fine then i seen the rmx and thought that looks bloody good so i bought it last week and hooked it up at the club and the sound is dodgy has surges through the song wher it takes a dip as if its about to crash or jump. so i look on here an theres ppl talking about wdm and asio modes im completely lost i have a dell inspiron with 1mb of ram is this enough memory to run the rmx or is that what the problem is. do i need vdj pro to sort it? will there b an update to fix all these problems im reading about as it seems every1 wants to return it?

CAN ANY! RESTORE MY FAITH IN THIS PRODUCT or will i be buying traktor 3 and a diff console

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 12:18 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

The WMD and Asio mode are 2 different modes that the RMX can be set too. Asio mode is mainly used for Timecodes, but it can be used without the timecode option and some user's including myself found the sound quality alot better than WMD.

Click on my name to see how you can set the RMX to Asio mode, your version Of VirtualDJ may not have the same options as the Pro version but it's a start,

Also have you got the latset Driver package for the RMX from the Hercules website, if not download from Here. Try these for a start.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 12:40 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you will need 5.1 and the latest drivers from hercules as jimmy said, there is also a known problem with the rmx which has been discussed on the forums and i think cstoll mentioned the dev team are looking at a fix for a future update, now when that will be will probably depend on their current workload so we will just have to be bloody patient, ok..... lol

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 4:15 am
arf69Home userMember since 2008
patience is something my boss doesnt have when im wking in his club im affraid. can any1 tell me the perfect set up for the rmx pictures would be great. how gd is the sound card in the hercules btw as im looking at an indigo pci for my laptop is this ott or will i need it for gd sound in a club??

Posted Sun 20 Jul 08 @ 3:40 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As stated I would check the Hercules website for the latest drivers.

Also, the free Home Edition you got with the RMX only uses the ASIO mode. If you want greater flexibility you should upgrade to the VirtualDJ Pro version.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 1:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)