Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Double files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

In my browser, each mp3 that I have also shows a duplicate. One file works while the other shows an error message when you load it in track A or B. When I look for the extra file on my hard drive, I only see one. These extra files appear to be hidden. How do I erase them. I am running 5.1 Pro VDJ on Vista.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 7:10 am
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
In your config go to browser>select the drive>check>clean>fix

Try this it might work, it did for me.

Are this files coming from itunes database?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 9:11 pm
No they are not. I keep all of my mp3's on an external hard drive. I tried the procedure you recommended before I wrote my message and it didn't work.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 9:31 am
i use to have that trouble with the folders in the browser....

..........BUt is this case is your mp3s....ok.i'm not sure but try this
if is only w/the files on your external hard drive....?
If your usin vista run vdj as administrator first try what ever you have done before......

second.. try to delete...the database THAT IS LOCATED ON THE HARD DRIVE that u have that trouble

.........this could be happen when u have installed or reinstalled the VDJ application on and upgrading OS example:The pc has before xp and you have upgraded to vista.....so the external hard drive have both hidding system files and vdj..will see it like to diferents HD thats the reason..or u have connected to another PC w/different OS....
The OS write some files into the hard drive..

........Humm ,Better------Just try formating that HD...save only the mp3 into u pc first..

i hope this can help
Gino Roggiero

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 11:27 am
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
To solve this problem....I first went to my favorite folder...recursed...selected all files and selected to remove from library database. After a few minutes I closed the program and reopened it. Next I went to the Genre databse and clicked on the remaining genre's listed. This is where you will seee all of your database dups. Simply select all the dups in each genre and remove them from the database. After that is done....close and reopen the program after a few minutes, and add your library back to the database.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 12:01 pm
Yep had the same problem:
Just Right click on Database click delete cd, delete all drives.
then right click again, now add all drives with music files.
You should find all now will reappear complete with BPM's and without duplicates.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 5:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)