Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: help with scanning ENTIRE music database

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
so If I want to plug my external USB drive into my DESKTOP computer and have the more powerful (cooler) desktop VDJ scan my entire music library for bpm's and key's, will the data be saved on the external drive so that all data can be read when I replug external drive to the laptop dj computer, or did I read in user manual that the data is written to a database file on the "C" drive. In this case the desktop system would have the data and all that overnight scanning would be useless on my gig (laptop) system...

AND.... does any one know how I can force vdj to scan all subfolders? I seem to have to scan one genre folder at a time..booo.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 8:56 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
try copying the xml file into your e/h then transfer it over to your next machine...

Posted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 5:30 am
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've looked in my documents, under vdj and I can't seem to find the file. What would it be named? I'll do a windows search? Will this work or is the xml file referring to the "c" drive???

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 7:47 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
what version are you using before v5 it will be in your c drive, after 5 in my doduments... if i remember rightly

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 8:04 pm
djtops wrote :
so If I want to plug my external USB drive into my DESKTOP computer and have the more powerful (cooler) desktop VDJ scan my entire music library for bpm's and key's, will the data be saved on the external drive so that all data can be read when I replug external drive to the laptop dj computer, or did I read in user manual that the data is written to a database file on the "C" drive. In this case the desktop system would have the data and all that overnight scanning would be useless on my gig (laptop) system...

AND.... does any one know how I can force vdj to scan all subfolders? I seem to have to scan one genre folder at a time..booo.

VirtualDJ copies the database file to any non system drive (i.e. external harddrive) automatically if that's where the music is contained, so you don't need to copy it over.

To scan all your music, type "*" in the search field without the quotes and then you can select all tracks. Alternatively, browse to the root folder of your music, right click on it and choose recurse.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 8:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)