Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Macbook Pro and Soundblaster Extigy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,

I used Virtual DJ for a while on Windows, and now I am switching to Mac. My Windows setup was using Soundblaster Extigy, with external mixer where left deck was setup as Front and right deck was setup as Back speakers. Mac recognized Extigy right away, however no matter what I try I can't get back speakers working. I am getting only stereo output out, and can't enable 5.1. Does anyone have any success with using Extigy this way on Mac? I suspect this is not a VDJ issue, but an Extigy driver one ...

Also, finally I decided to send one deck via Extigy and the other deck via a built in Macbook headphone out. To my surprise this also didn't work. With both decks playing together, Extigy output became extremely noisy, to the point that it was hard to hear any music behind the loud noise.

I would appreciate any help and further pointers. Thanks,

-- Matt

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 1:29 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
When I read your post, at first, I thought you're problem was Extigy wasn't supported by Mac. So, I did a quick Google search and found out that it was bundled with drivers that supported OSX 10.2 and 10.3. A couple of the results I viewed mentioned the same problem you're having. If you create an aggregate device (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215), you may be able to get the rear outputs working. Also, here's the phrase I used for the Google search, "extigy for mac." I only looked at the first couple hits. There may be more useful information for you with the search. Good Luck!

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 2:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)