Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DN-S1200 and DNX120 can' t get both output to work on two different channels on

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Why Is that I can not get both channel on my Denon DNX120 mixer to work with soundcard of a pair of DN-S1200 using Virtual DJ Mac version 5.08?
both channels from Virtual DJ Mac come from the same channel on the DNX120 mixer either channel one or channel 2.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 11:52 am
Furthermore, I am able to route sound to both deck1 and deck 2 to soundcard 1 and 2 but both decks come out to only one side of the mixer
Instead of splitting the sound into two stereo channels for each side of the mixer.

Is that a bug with Virtual DJ Mac version 5.08?

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 2:42 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Although I'm not familiar with the DN-S1200's, it's possible you need to set them up as an aggregate device in the Audio/Midi settings. For me using other controllers and sound cards, I had the same problem. Setting them up as an aggregate device was the solution for me. Check out this link for instructions on setting your system up.

http://www.apple.com/pro/techniques/aggregateaudio/

Good luck.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 8:36 pm
HiTower, Luck was needed indeed you came to my rescue after waisting a whole day trying to get these dawn things to finally work.

Thank' s a million man. The aggregate trick work.

I posted on Denon forum with not much explanations.

Once again thank you.

Problem resolved

Posted Sat 12 Jul 08 @ 2:46 am
my only problem with the aggregate setting for the DN-S1200 Is that once I switch one player back to CD Mode I loose sound
from the other player too that Is still on PC Mode.

I am not sure If I am still doing something wrong.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 08 @ 7:54 am
Well, it sounds like it almost worked. If you could, go to your settings and post all your sound setup options (inputs, outputs, sound card(s), drivers, output channels). It's also possible VDJ just doesn't support your players. For example, version 5.08 was needed for native support to get the CDJ-400's working. They have the same options of PC and CD mode. You never know, if you're running version 5.08 it may work to activate those controllers and see how it works with the Denon players. I wouldn't expect them to run the same, but you never know.

Posted Sat 12 Jul 08 @ 10:53 am
HITower, once again thank' s a ,million. This Is It below:

To settup Virtual DJ Mac and Denon DN-S1200 soundcards with DNX120 mixer you need to create an aggregate.

If you click on the pic you will see exactly how to set up both soundcard for virtual DJ Mac. Good luck!

Posted Sat 12 Jul 08 @ 5:13 pm

I put a little visual pictures of how to settup Denon DN-S1200, Denon Mixer DNX120, and Virtual DJ Mac version 5.0.8.

I had so much trouble finding out how to set them up, luckily I found the help of one our fellow board member who led me In the right direction.

To settup Virtual DJ Mac and Denon DN-S1200 soundcards with DNX120 mixer you need to create an aggregate.

If you click on the pic you will see exactly how to set up both soundcard for virtual DJ Mac. Good luck!

Posted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 6:45 pm
Hey dydy... Did this resolved the problem with the sound cutting out when you switch between PC and CD mode?

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 12:55 am
HiTower, "Hey dydy... Did this resolved the problem with the sound cutting out when you switch between PC and CD mode?"

No It did not resolve that problem.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 5:59 am
dydy1 wrote :
No It did not resolve that problem.

The only other thing I can see from the pic's to try is making the aggregate device your default output. You may have to contact VDJ to find out if it's simply a support issue for the Denon players. I know it doesn't fully support the Denon HC 4500.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 1:12 pm
HiTower, below is the best way to have the aggregate settup not to have the program crashes or for Itune player to be able to play on the system if you choose to.

HiTower, are you an owner of the Denon HC4500?

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 3:14 pm
I would contact VDJ to find out if it's a support issue with the 1200's. Click on the support tab / ask a question. Type your issue in the field. It doesn't have to have a lot of detail at this point because the responses are only canned responses that come up for every question. You'll see a field to create a ticket. Put all the details there. The more you give them, the better they can help you. Sometimes it takes a few days for support to get back to you, so be patient.

As for the HC4500... I don't own one. This was a hot topic a few months back about the issues with the 4500. I would expect this issue to be resolved in version 5.1, but I haven't read anything about it in the forum. I really hope it supports the Denon HD2500. I do own a DN-D4500 dual cd player and the 2500 can control that player as well. One step at a time, though. I want to see time code work before all this.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 12:27 pm
HiTower, I got to tell you i have tried the DN-S1200 on The Virtual DJ PC version and they have worked great.

The jogg wheels actually work the way a real CD player should work. If you press on them and hold. They will actually completely stop the deck on the software.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 5:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)