Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Tracks Un-Analyzing Themselves

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've been having this problem. Every few days a dozen to 2,000 tracks will disappear and show up as un-analyzed tracks. (after a recurse/add to database action) They seem to be random. I've done a clean install, deleted the XML, re-analyzed all (32,000+) tracks TWICE. It takes 2.5 Days to do that each time.

I'm using 5.1 and have had this glitch since 4.7. I use XP Pro with all the updates. The music is stored on an INTERNAL drive in my rackmount PC But not the 'C" drive.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 8:16 am
Bump................

Anyone have any ideas??

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 5:33 pm
Nah, have not had that problem. Im on 5.1, and have 10k in my library.

I attempted to add my music collection (40k tracks) to my 10k video back on version 4.0, and the whole thing just went to hell. Slow searches, laggy response on loading/ choppy waveforms... ect. Like it couldnt keep track of that many files or something. I dunno man, but I wish you the best of luck.

Props on the rackmount though. That or a shuttle PC... the best way to do it :)

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 8:15 pm
On second thought, when was the last time you defrag'd that music drive?

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 8:16 pm
i do it all the time

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 6:30 pm
Here's the specs for my PC

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4 GHz, 4MB)
2GB DDR2-667 Memory
1 WD 80gb SATA HD (OS & programs)
1 500Gb & 1 250 Gb HD (music, karaoke & Video storage)
1 Sony DVD Recorder, ADW-Q170A
Windows XP Pro sp3
M-Audio Delta 410 Audio
ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB VIDEO

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 6:03 pm
bump....................

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 2:35 pm
I think this is a hidden bug that happens. I braught this up a while ago. I still haven't figured out why or what makes this happen. I did so many testings and just don't have a clue as to what causes this abnormality. However, I seriously think it comes down to the search codes. I have noticed that if I click on my music folders then one or couple of the songs in that folder will eventually show up with a yellow dot. I could use database folder with no issues. I also realize that if I load VDJ up and get a driver error with drive up then that will cause problems.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 10:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)