Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: sound card purchase, reccomendations please!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey people! i currently own a herk mk2, but im now becoming annoyed with the reliability of it!..so, im considering buying a new soundcard (not a mixer with a built in sound card!)...im looking to evenutally use it with timecodes, and also for scratching. Any suggestions on what would be a good investement?...i wouldnt like to spend 2 much, but i dont mind paying for quality!...

thanks

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 4:17 am
well i used to use a MAYA44, had no problems with it, easy to hookup and install, dosent take up much space. the one thing you cant do with it is run you SAMPLES on their own channel.
next i bought NUMARKS VIRTUAL VINYL, it comes with its own audio interface, this thing is bad ass, it looks like a SERATO box except it has 3 channels! so you can prelisten to your samples (i love samples!!). again easy hookup and install, doesnt take up much space. but it costs around 500.00 bucks. i know thats alot but well worth the money, i spin everyday!!! sometimes for an hour or maybe 5 hours. this program is the sh#t!!
hope this helps!

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 11:29 pm
Audio 8 DJ from NI, go check it out :)

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 7:16 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have a RMX, mk2 and a Maya44.

I use the Maya44 for my TCV it's pretty good. I'm no scratch DJ, so the Maya is fine for me, I haven't had any problems with it.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 7:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)