Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Drops, hesitations

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok...my computer

Acer Extensa 4620-4605
1.46 Ghz Pentium Dual Core Processor 533 mhz FSB 1MB L2 cache
2.0 GB RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium SP 1
Hercules DJ Console MK2
Package 2.HDJS.2008
Firmware 1.3.6.13
Driver 3.9.0.0
CPL 2.0.2.0

If I am playing a song, I hear a drop everyonce in a while, not consistent, but bothersome nevertheless. It doesn't matter what type of song
it is.

What could be the cause of this?

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 11:44 am
After lots of playing...I have come to the conclusion that there is the need for another Firmware update from Hercules.

For the hell of it, I pulled out my M-Audio FastTrack Pro. I haven't had a problem in over an hour.

It's definitely a Hercules issue this time.

When I went to update the firmware, I couldn't find a DK2 directory which I found odd.

This is the direction set I used to update firmware

www.djmaine.com/herc.pdf

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 1:14 pm
Apparently, nobody from Hercules browes the Forums.

I will be calling tomorrow to see what they can do.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 08 @ 2:48 pm
uhm... I have the exact same problem with 5.1... But I haven't tried with the hercules. Tried both Numark VV and Maya 44 USB though and both had skips. So it's not nececarily a Hercules problem.

On my 4 year old laptop though, everythihng works fine. And on 5.07 as well... Kinda weird

Posted Tue 08 Jul 08 @ 6:35 pm
I use 5.1 and am currently using a Gigaport AG I still had and it has worked perfectly tonight.

That along with my M-Audio FastTrackPro working perfectly only leads me to one conclusion...Hercules

Posted Tue 08 Jul 08 @ 9:06 pm
Finally got around to calling them today...they told me to change USB ports and try again.

I try to explain this problem doesn;t usually occur in the first few minutes, but they seem to want to quickly get me off the phone. Very disappointing,. We'll see if this works on Thursday.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 08 @ 1:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)