Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Slight Pauses and Gaps in Songs during Playback With RMX

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bperezPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi All - I am using Virtual DJ 5.1 Pro with the latest updates installed on my Hercules RMX console. Everything works great with the exception of slight gaps and pauses noted during the playback of songs. I'm assuming this could be a memory issue, but my laptop's specs are as follows:

Processor - AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 TL-60 (2GHz)
RAM - 4 GB
Operating System - 64 bit

Any information that can be provided is greatly appreciated! This glitch is driving me crazy!

Posted Fri 04 Jul 08 @ 9:29 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

What mode are you running the RMX in, also what are your performance setting set at in VirtualDJ config.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 08 @ 9:34 am
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same problem here, no hardware or settings changes when upgraded from 5.07 to 5.1, didnt have this problem with 5.07.

Now i bought a ASIO soundcard (Delta44), since i was using USB audio directly from the mixer (DM950USB), in hope ASIO will correct the gaps...

Will report back later today

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 4:40 pm
Me too...

At first I thought it was just with noisemap timecocde, but it's happening with v4 and v5 timecode engine as well. This is with both the numark interface and Maya 44 USB.

Just V 5.1 and not 5.07

Only happens on my new laptop Core2Duo 2,5 4GB RAM, nVidia 8600GS (Not on my old AMD64 3200 1GB RAM)

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 6:27 am
Ok..I think I know this problem and I noticed something similar a while ago....I was prepping for a gig with VDJ 4.something, I had disabled my LAN card cuz I use wireless most of the time. So I get to the gig, I turned off the wireless ( or maybe the opposite) in any case, the two network devices were off. Then I noticed VDJ would only play on one deck..I began to sweat like a turkey though it was not Thanksgiving. Tried everything and the retraced my step, enabled the LAN card and bam everthing works OK. @ Dev Team, is this by Design or just a bug.
To the main topic, I just had 2 gigs back to back this weekend and I noticed the gaps or slight pause during playback, I'm like this never happens when playing LIVE on v VDJ Radio with wireless off and LAN on. In short, as soon as my wireless card is turned off and my LAN card is on, no more gaps/pause. I think for some reason, the wlan keeps scanning and this interferes with vdj.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 9:26 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
DJ_Manixx wrote :
is this by Design or just a bug.

No it's not by Design at all.
VirtualDJ has nothing to do with LAN or wireless.
The only responsible in this case is your computer builder because sound card needs a good bandwidth to work and it's clear that your LAN/wireless interfer with this need.
=> Check IRQ
=> read the forums of your builder

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 12:02 pm
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok i finally (after installing a Delta44) found my problem.

The answer was sitting in the event viewer: "Atapi device did not respond in time".

It seems the hard drive is having hickups now and then, i guess it will eventually fail.

So i changed the hard drice and everything is back on track.

With the added bonus that i pushed performance slider to max, and nore more glitch, gaps, crackles, not even when playing with the preview position slider...

Now, im happy !

Great job with 5.1 btw, with proper hardware, it is just perfect

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 2:06 pm
Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 2:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)