Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ on an iBook G4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gmn08Home userMember since 2008
hello there, I recently heard that there's a version for the mac now, I've been using this on my cousins laptop and I love this program, so when I heard it on the mac platfom since I am a mac user I want to know if what are the tech specs of itand where can I get a trial or a demo if it'll run as smooth on a mac as it has been in a pc... help please... thanks..

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 7:33 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
There isn't a trial version for Mac. I can't compare the Mac version to PC because I've never used the PC version. However, I can say that with the exception of time code, I've never had a problem with VDJ on Mac. If you want to use time code, go with Virtual Vinyl or you'll have to wait for version 5.1 which is about to go to beta testing.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 08 @ 2:15 pm
I tried VDJ 5.x on a Mac G4..unfortuately, the G4 does not have enough 'uumph' to really use well, unless you scan *all* your songs well in advance, and even then, it's pretty slow. It works ok on a G5 though. I haven't tried it on an intel based mac but I'd imagine that would be allright too. My biggest issue on the G4 was that the song would play faster than vdj would scan it...and that tends to be a bad thing.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 11:39 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there, below are the recommended specs for the mac version.

Mac OSX 10.4.7 or higher
Mac/Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz or higher
1 GB RAM of higher
Available USB port (USB 2.0)
200 MB free on the hard-drive

Regards.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 5:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)