Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer DDM-4000 to turntables w/ video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So what exactly do I need to set this up? This is my current setup:

Virtual DJ 5.1
Windows Vista
2 Technics 1200s
Behringer DDM-4000 Mixer
Maya44 USB Sound card

I want to be able to slide the crossfader from left to right and have that also happen in VDJ. Obviously the turntables don't have midi in/outs, so do I need some sort of USB -> midi controller as well? Or should the Maya44 do the job?

Also, I have two Denon DN-S1000s with "digital out" but no midi out. Will I need the USB midi device I've seen around here to control the left/right in that too?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 2:11 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Your decks don't need midi - that's what the timecodes are for. Audio from the decks goes to the soundcard inputs, the soundcard outputs go to your mixer's input channels.

If you want to use the midi features of the mixer, you will need a midi-usb adaptor - I bought one off Ebay for around £10 which does the job fine. On my DDM4000, I use 3 channels for audio (decks and sampler) with a spare channel that I run in midi mode, which gives me rotary key control etc.

Why do you want the crossfader to work in sync with VDJ's internal crossfader? I'd let the real crossfader do the work if I were you, it'd make life a lot simpler and you'll probably find it's more responsive as well....

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 3:09 pm
I have the ddm 4000 i also got the mapper from the vdj website, also got the adapter, midi to usb.
only problem is, i don't know how to make it all work.
i need it to mix video's using the crossfader from the ddm 4000.
any assistance would be appreciated thank's.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 08 @ 7:50 am
I guess I just want to be able to use the crossfader on my mixer and have the videos transition with it... thats all.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 08 @ 12:51 pm
DjNakPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Pk so I thought this work I got the one and only one of these on hold at the local shop til I research more So will the crossfader hook up to vdj to control the video output?

Posted Tue 08 Jul 08 @ 1:21 am

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 7:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)