Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Customizing and installing MAC OS X 10.5.4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

elvertPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have two dedicated MacBooks, 2.4Ghz, 2GB Ram for music only. They came with MAC OSX 10.5.2 ( now updated to 10.5.3)

I want to delete the full partition, create a new one, install again MAC OS X 10.5.2 customizing it, by installing the system files only and then update to the latest MAC OS X 10.5.4, using the combo update file, already saved in a Cd.

After updating to 10.5.4, I want to delete all possible programs, not related to music, once also following Apple Support recommendations. After this I want to tweak the system as recommended in your website, before installing Virtual DJ 5.0.8 MAC again.

I just want to install and /or keep in my MAC what is really necessary for music only.

During the installation of MAC OSX 10.5.2, should I install X11 or not ? Is it important for Virtual DJ, for any reasons ? I was not 100% sure about that.

Thanks !

DJ Elvert B
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 6:24 pm
Hey elvert,

It sounds like you are trying to do to much in my opinion. Just use the partition that you have running on the Mac and update to 10.5.3. Mac are famous for being rock solid in terms of performance. You will not have a problem with what you have on your Mac. Then you can install Virtual DJ on your Mac. Again you should be fine with what you have on your computer.

Good luck,
DJ Jazzy Jetta

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 2:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)