Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Losing timecode halfway through TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all. I do all of my gigs with a single timecode setup and the MK2 with version 5.1. Lately, I have been having a problem with the timecode signal starting to fail about halfway through the record. I didn't see any other topics about this problem so I wonder if it might be turntable or stylus related? I use a Technics 1200. I have noticed that I can auto-config when the drop out starts to happen and that takes care of it until I drop the needle at the beginning of the record and then it starts to drop out also. I even tried using another TCV but same thing happens.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 5:11 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Try with the "VDJ Timecode (v4)" engine

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 5:17 pm
Thanks, I'll try that tonight. Would it matter if ultra-latency is checked or not?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 2:33 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Let it checked first

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 5:23 pm
Ok, it still happens, but with the v4 engine it doesn't seem to affect the sound as much. Thanks for the response.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 2:32 pm
make sure that phono is selected behind the mk2 on the channel you are using. You may need to autoconfig again and even restart your computer, but this is a big reason why the signal is not constant when using the herc console for tcv.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 5:07 pm
Ah, it was not. Thanks.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 4:09 pm
No problem...I was forced to use that one timecode setup when one of my needles broke one day and it worked flawlessly.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 6:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)