Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MIDI signal problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

looshusHome userMember since 2008
I am using a Hercules RMX controller, the audio is pretty flawless, apart from a very slight pause or blip in sound every now and then but I think that may be down to my computer.

The problem I am having is that sometimes (about 10% of the time) when I move the cross-fader to one side to kill the other deck, VDJ does not pick up that the fader has gone all the way, this also occurs sometimes with the level faders aswell. This is very annoying, I used to have a BCD3000 and have never experienced this problem.

I have downloaded a midi monitor to check the signals coming from the controller and they are fine (0 to 127 everytime). Also, this behaviour is not experienced with Traktor.

I have been in contact with Hercules technical support (they gave me the midi monitor software) they have been very helpful but done all they can, it seems to be a software problem, it's like VDJ has momentary lapses in concentration when listening to midi signals.

When the fader is put all the way to one side, like I said alot of the time it is correct but sometimes it doesnt go all the way on the software, it goes near to the end (always at different positions though).

I've tried everything, changing all the settings, I don't know what else to try, can anyone help me?

I'm using VISTA with 2x 1.5G Intel DualCore and 2GB ram.

Please let me know if you want any more information or don't quite understand what I'm trying to get accross.

Regards, Loosh.

p.s. If admin staff feel this would get a better response in another forum, could you please move it for me, I would have put it in the technical section but I thought it was more a software problem than a problem with the RMX.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 12:07 pm
This seriously doing my head in, always seems to happen at the worse possible time ever during mixes.

Pls any help anyone????

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 5:12 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
luckily i not experiencing that problem like some of you guys but i did read in one of the posts it is a known problem and its hoped that it can be rectified in the next update

try a different combination of crossover fades see if that may help

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 7:11 pm
Hey tayla thanks for the feedback, unfortunately this made no difference.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 4:04 am
@tayla: I can't find the other post myself but is the problem an RMX problem? I've downloaded a midi monitor to find out what the controller is sending to the computer and everything seems to be in order, Traktor works fine as well, seems to be a VDJ problem but is it a problem with VDJ combined with the RMX or VDJ with any midi controller?

Any people from the programming team aware of this can give me any feedback????

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 10:09 am
Same problem here too, as previously mentioned in another one of my posts. If you could somehow adjust in VDJ the ability to say where the crossfader cut the next deck off, that would help greatlyyyy

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 10:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)