Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Feeling this Out: DJM-800 for a DJM-909

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I spent a buttload of money on this Pioneer DJM-800 MIDI 4-Channel Mixer. I'm pretty happy with it but would like to start heading in the path of turtablism so i'd like to get a DJM-909. I'm not mixing video and don't have any plans to do so in the near future so i'm not even utilizing the midi capabilities of this mixer. IF I made this trade available would anyone be interested? The DJM-800 is in great shape. I am very anal about my things and this mixer has always traveled in either a coffin or individual flight case. It has about 6 months of actual dj'ing use in small bars, no big smoky clubs or anything.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 6:56 am
bigvodPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I HAVE A 600 WANNA TRADE ?

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 11:21 pm
lol...thanks for the offer but i think i'll pass =P

anyone have any suggestions? am i just better off just selling this thing on ebay and then using the money to buy a 909?

The DJM-800 is $1500 brand new...the 909 is $1100 brand new...everyone knows pioneer products hold their resale value very well.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 6:25 am
bigvodPRO InfinityMember since 2006
PIONEER RESALE VALUE THRU THE ROOF
ID KEEP THE 800
909 IS NICE ,WHAT DO YOU MIX

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 9:59 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hmmmm. I have a 909...but I'll need to think about it and take a closer look at the 800. The 909 is outstanding for turntablism...I highly recommend it. Did you ever map the video crossfader to the 800?

Posted Wed 09 Jul 08 @ 1:53 pm
The 800 has craploads of features, functions and effects I don't even use. I feel like it's a total waste because I don't do a lot of house music mixing. It seems like this 800 is perfect for the house mix dj. I spin mostly mainstream top 40/hiphop/r&b/reggae/ton with some occasional house depending on the venue and crowd. I definitely want to get into the scratch/mixing hip hop a little more.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 11:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)