Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: another issues in VirtualDJ 5.1 [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've just found another issue about the newest version of VirtualDJ.

As it shows this picture, moving the fader by the mouse it happens a strange thing different from older versions.
In fact, when the fader is all on the left in headphones you can heard only the preview channel (this is ok) but when you move this all on the right the preview channel disappears while the master channel appears (this is a mistake because, in this case, you should heard both the channel on the headphones preview+master).
It works like a fader for crossfading in headphones but it's wrong.
I noticed this kind of error only on the latest version

Posted Tue 01 Jul 08 @ 6:29 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's a new feature of 5.1 and there is no mistake because it's the professional way.

It mixes from headphones only to master only. So if you want to have both, set the slider in the middle or use the function headphone_crossfader() which only works on headphones.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 4:49 am
aaaa
Ok. I already know about the functions headphone_crossfader in fact I had setted on my MIDI devide 3 faders:
one for heaphone_volume, one for headphone_mix and one for headphone_crossfader.
Before headphone_mix was used for adding the active song onto the inactive one while now when the fader is on the left you can heard the only inactive song, when it is on the right you can heard only active song, ultimately when it is on the centre you can heard both of channel.
I've to used to using this new way:-)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 6:58 am
I correct myself.
You can heard only the master channel depending on where is the crossfader's position.
Let me do an example:
let's suppose that the mixer crossfader is on the left so the left song is playing; the headphone_mix in on the middle. You load a new song on the right deck and it is playing, on the headphone you can heard both of channel.
If you move the headphone_mix slider on the left you can heard the inactive song while if you move the same slider on the right, you can heard the active song; this is quite useful to touch up the gain of the inactive song in order to correct the gain level of the active one (this is a good improvement:-)
Move the crossfader on the right and you can notice that the sound of old song disappears. This is good if you want to mix by your headphone.

I must change my idea about it.
It's very very good this I called issue:-)

Posted Wed 02 Jul 08 @ 7:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)