Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Lost some database in upgrade from 4.3 to 5.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I finally upgraded from 4.3 to 5.1 today. :)

As advised, I saved the database file and any others that seemed pertinent as well.
I also renamed the original VDJ exe file so i could use VDJ4.3 if need be.

I did notice that the new database was missing some (about 40 files) title and artist info that was originally there in 4.3 database info.
Also, there were about 5,000 files of 15,000 that are missing BPM info, that I'll have to rescan for. I know this has been brought up months ago
but now is happening to me. I was wondering why not ALL the title-artist info didn't make it into the new database?

Are there special circumstances that created these conditions? I did check, clean, and fix the new database several times, but it looks like I'll have to rescan for BPM, and type in missing title/artist info into the file info screen for each song that is missing stuff?

Are there any shortcuts for me? Was I missing something? My files were stored only on the internal "C" drive (500 GB capacity w/300GB free space) of my Shuttle 2 gB ram computer.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 08 @ 12:09 am
You are gonna have to rescan EVERY file in the database as 5.1 scans for camelot as well as the new BPM engine. Any song you load that hasnt been rescanned will rescan on load.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 08 @ 3:07 am
Great, I only scanned the oned that had missing BPM's, how would I locate the ones that didn't and that should be scanned again?

Also, what about the missing titles and artist info on some files I had, any comment on that?

Posted Tue 01 Jul 08 @ 1:37 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Have a go at Reloading the tags again. It may work.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 08 @ 1:45 pm
bryantpb wrote :
Great, I only scanned the oned that had missing BPM's, how would I locate the ones that didn't and that should be scanned again?

Also, what about the missing titles and artist info on some files I had, any comment on that?

Add the column Camelot you know where u have artist and title and such, the ones without the camelot value are the ones not scanned:)

Posted Tue 01 Jul 08 @ 2:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)