Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: bcd3000 whats ur opinion

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i just bought a bcd3000 and im now hearing alot of bad reports about them.. do u have one? i would like to hear ur experiences with this item. did i make a mistake? should i buy something else? what do u use.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 7:16 am
Hi john,
I have been told that the BCD3000 is being recalled, I am just at this moment to validate this claim.
If this is indeed the case, try for your money back and get the RMX.

Cheers

PRODUCERMAT

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 4:07 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I bought the BCD3000 to get me by until the timecode issue in Mac is worked out. All the features do not work. The headphones don't work, the extra effect buttons on top don't work correctly, and when I tested it's sound card out, I couldn't get the inputs to work correctly. Also, it wouldn't allow me to use any configuration other than the simple output. As far as the sound card functions go, I didn't do extensive testing because I didn't need it to work because I use higher grade sound cards. The good news (for me anyway), the reason I bought the thing was to have external control via MIDI. The play and cue buttons are mixed up with the MIDI mapping, but they still work once you figure it out. You just have to remember to hit cue to play it, and play to cue it. The jog wheel, pitch, volume, gain, highs, mid, lows, and kill switches work correctly. The loop buttons aren't mapped correctly, though. The scratch feature does work, but you can't use it like vinyl or a digital turntable. Definitely won't be winning any scratch battles with this piece, lol! Once I figured out the quirks, I made it work for me, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone buying it new. I'd get something else.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 11:47 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I own a BCD3000 aswell and i have to say that i am more than satisfied using it. You have to check your settings. Just search the forum for the bcd3000. It works flawless since 5.1. You can choose the bcd as controller, it is natively supported. You can find some quite good descriptions how to set up vdj so that the bcd works correct. It also helps alot to get Asio4all if you are still having trouble setting up. Te only reason why i only ran it on the demo is the fact that the mic-in doesnt work proper. But as a pro-user you can get a very good mapper for the bcd3000.

Excuse my bad english, its not my mother-tongue.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 7:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)