Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: sound gone for 5 seconds

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

GraomiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I am using VDJ 5.1
Hercules Mk2
HP 530 Laptop
intel core duo 1.6Ghz (not core 2 duo)
2GB Ram
Program on internal HD
Music on external bus powered portable HD (Sata 5400rpm)

I dont use video only music. I have been experiencing a "drop out" of sound for about five seconds, during this time the waveform display slows but does not freeze. It was only happening once a night but tonight I had about 6 of such drop outs.

I have virus scanned the external HD with a my desktop at home and I have removed the internal and scanned that aswell as I dont have an antivirus on the laptop (I only use it for DJing and do not connect it to the web).

Currently defragging the internal drive and will run a disk check aswell. I have the performance setting right to the left with a latency of about 23ms.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Cheers

John

ps. If i use the video skin to see the cpu usage it does peak very high even when VDJ is doing nothing.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 08 @ 6:58 pm
GraomiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Resolved.

Kind of

Have increased the latency to 40 odd ms in the ASIO driver and this has resolved the issue. Just need a better laptop I suppose!

John

Posted Sat 05 Jul 08 @ 4:27 am
PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I started having this problem last week, but it only happens with my Firewire 800 drive... To fix the problem i tried defragmenting and running disc check... What i ended up doing was a system restore to a night prior to an automatic update from Microsoft... Now my computer constantly wants to update saying its critical... What do i do when that update is whats causing VDJ to drop out and freeze up?

I run windows XP on my mac book pro because the Mac version of Virtual Vinyl isnt as stable as the PC version... Lately neither one has been for me.

Also, lastnight i was playing in the video bar when the picture i was outputting turned green... No matter what i did as soon as i opened VDJ the light blue desk top would turn green... Finally after an hour of messing around with it the picture switched back to normal... I have no idea why because i cant tell what i did to make it happen... Ive been using this for over a year and once configured ive had very little problems until Wednesday the 9th of July, now im having all sorts of weird things happen... I look forward to the day i can get rid of Windows and stay on the Mac side of things because this is very frustrating...

Any info or input would greatly be appreciated...

Thanks,
Chris.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 4:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)