Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using Cue with the Stanton Final Scratch Open

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJEMFPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I just upgraded to VDJ Pro from the Cue LE that came with my total control and it makes all the difference.
I am currently working on migrating my set up from Traktor to VDJ and one thing that I didn't check for the oddest reason is the fact that VDJ does NOT have the ability to set your outputs manually. The Stanton Scratch is a 6 in 6 out for use in time code setups and the headphones jack is channels 5/6

Is there any way to make manual config changes to set monitor to 5/6 and master to 1/2? Will this be possible in the hopefully soon 5.1 Mac?
It looks like I could do this if I bypassed the internal mixer but that is not desired at all.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 3:14 am
DJEMFPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have been going back and forth with the support all day and the short answer to the question comes down to a resounding no.
The exact response from support personnel "acw_dj" is as follows;

"usually on windows side you can do it going into the windows register and modifying this parameter from there. Also we have a tool that works on Windows and let you do that, but in Mac we don't have a tool to change the default inputs and outputs"

-- frustrated rant below, feel free to skip --
As a personal commentary, I think this is just inexcusable and am personally shocked this application has gotten to version 5, has time code support, everything else and not manual audio configuration. I see no reason why a 300$ pro level application needs or should have such a critical part as audio setup/routing have an interface clearly designed for 14 year olds. If you are a semi-pro or pro DJ you should be able to manage your audio configurations without cookie cutter settings and little diagrams. The amount of effort it would take to take to fix the audio configuration, especially if it can all ready be done with registry hacks (meaning the ability IS there), is probably a week or two worth of UI changes but it seems this is more or less a feature not a bug.
Virtual DJ fills every need I have plus more as a digital DJ except the ability to configure my scratch amp inputs and outputs as needed. I know it's my fault for overlooking that configuration during my week long testing with Cue LE and my little travel/practice/quickgig setup (A little USB 2 channel I use with the internal sound card for cueing) and then buying it without being more thorough, but the ability to fully control your sound card routing is the standard here.

Yes, I am very frustrated and whining on a forum isn't going to fix the configuration window but I think it needs to be said regardless of the fact.

No I am not going to sit, insult the company and developers and demand refunds, I've never seen anyone get one anyways and there is no product that I have found for mac that compares to the feature set of Virtual DJ, it just seems to me there is a major design flaw in the audio settings.
I am going to try a hardware work around, I think I can probably rig a RCA to 1/4th jack adapter and control my cue volume control at the software level, and file bug reports & feature requests until I can convince someone to bringing the configuration ability of VDJ/Cue up to that of all other defining DJ products.

PS Ironically enough Virtual DJ is one of the listed programs on the Stanton Final Scratch Open site for use with the card.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 5:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)