Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Laptop reboot without warning - Drivers Crash

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I need help!

During a gig all is going great, I was mixing between video and karaoke. Then I switched back to music only mp3's with ambients playing in the background. This was aprox. 3.5 hours into the gig. Suddenly, I get a blue screen with code and a spontaneous reboot of my laptop. At re-boot XP Pro tells me that it encountered serious error and needs to scan the c drive for consistency. I can't find any crash guard reports. What could be the problem? My laptop was hot....could heat be the problem, or could it be a corupt ambient file?

I use a Macbook Pro 17" 2.5 Ghz Dual Intel with 4 gigs of ram, 512 mb dedicated video ram nvidia 8600Gt. I'm running XP Pro with all the updates including SP3 using Bootcamp on a 32 Gig partition in Fat32. All my softwares are legit paid copies. My laptop is 3 months old? I use Western Digital external Hard drives, one is 1 terabyte, the other is 500 gigs. My midi controller is a Denon HC4500 with the most current firmware and lastest Asio driver.

I had the same problem last week and I reformated the partition and re-installed everything fresh. I thought I had solved this problem, I was wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 08 @ 2:48 am
Heat could definately be the problem. Do u use a cooler pad for the lappy??

Posted Wed 25 Jun 08 @ 1:37 pm
I will be buying one today. Could it be any other problem? And how come it didn't leave me a crash guard report? Are there any other users who have experienced the same problem? What was done to remedy the issue? Did keeping the laptop on a cooling pad solve the problem? Should I try and reinstall XP again?

Need help please

Posted Wed 25 Jun 08 @ 3:21 pm
Try it with a cooling pad 1st

Posted Wed 25 Jun 08 @ 8:55 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Blue screen = drivers crash

First disable the automatic reboot

Posted Wed 25 Jun 08 @ 9:52 pm
Just an update, I bought a chill mat, and I've been testing my laptop for 2 days. I've been running it in automix for 8 to 9 hours with video's and can't reproduce any crash. I've disable the automatic reboot. Could the problem be with the Denon HC4500 controller? How do I check for bad drivers?

Posted Fri 27 Jun 08 @ 10:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)