Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Herc RMX pitch latency and audio Q issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I have read Cstoll thread about the RMX setup.

i have had sort of a mixed bag with thr RMX, and i am seriously considering on returning it. That is why i am asking for help from the VDJ community.

1st:
The pitch latency issue, i have read about it from other people, i assume it is my fault, but i have not been able to set it right i guess. I have tried setting the ASIO latency to 2 ms, 7 ms, or 8 ms, no dice. On WDM it works better and i do know that you usually use the ASIO for ext mixer and CDJ or TCV, i do have such a setup as well. but on that setup i use the CDJ's 100 pitch controllers.

I didnt had that issue with my mk2 (although i had always used it with ASIO on), and i would hate to return the RMX as i like to take it everywhere to practice.
I have looked at the Audio 8 DJ from NI, which seems rock solid and has MIDI in/out for my DDM4000 and for that price, you cant go wrong, but i would loose my midi controller which i use for training and when visiting friends.

2nd:
Audio quality, this one has been bugging me for a while, and while i have been able to tweak VDJ, it pisses me off when i see my fellow friends with SSL or Traktor having a more crisp audio, even with the RMX running on traktor 3 on both my laptops (dell xps 1210m and macbook).

I have read the threads about the algorithms and all, but i still think its and end user setup, because Traktor is using the RMX sound card. so for me SSL is not really the reason, yes, it sounds clear but so does traktor.

As far as computer power, both of my laptops are well equipped, both with 2gb of ram, both with 7200rpm internal hard drives. the dell has a great nvidia video card, and the mac with the intel is ok.

So to summarize, i need help setting up the latency issues on the RMx as well as have the best audio quality. I do know speakers count, but right now i am using my home theater as a test bed, which i have tweaked over the years for great clean crisp deep bass audio.

Before anyone asks, i have the latest and greatest drivers for both mac and windows, as well as the latest version of VDJ pro for both of them.

Thanks to all.

Mindtwister3d

Posted Tue 24 Jun 08 @ 2:43 pm
I agree with you
traktor and serato have better sound quality than vdj hands down
but VDJ has more features, more support for controllers, more users and more frequent updates
so I am sticking with VDJ

I have been toying with buying ther RMX myself
but not sure yet
what do U think of it?

Posted Tue 24 Jun 08 @ 8:03 pm
As stated above, i have had a mixed bag experience with the RMX because of the above reasons. pitch latency and audio quality. But as i said above as well, i think it is more of configuring VDJ right than it laking audio quality, because the hercules RMX gives me a better sound output with traktor. So i really think it is more of a configuration issue.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 08 @ 8:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)