Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ + TCV + BCD2000 + external soundcard/mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

joejojoHome userMember since 2007
Greetings
Before I buy everything, I would like to know if this setup would work please:
Virtual dj with timecoded vinyls usingn a bcd2000 controler? But using a 5.1 external soundcard to get 2 separate channels on an external mixer? The only things i have doubts about are the TCV because when i looked it up, i saw you have to put asio as sound card, so i doubt you can seperate the output on the 5.1.
Anyone can inform me on this please?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 6:39 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The BCD2000 only works as a midi controller nothing else. Get the best ASIO soundcard you can afford if you are wanting to use time code. I hope that helps, good luck.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 9:45 am
joejojoHome userMember since 2007
I tought it was suposed (like the hercule dj console) to handle TCV? Since it also has asio support... Or just not the VDJ ones?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 1:15 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The BCD series of interfaces has been a great disappointment. They had a bad chip set which adversely effects the sound card option.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 1:21 pm
czaga12Home userMember since 2008
Please help, can anyone tell me exactly what external usb sound card will work will virtual dj software, I have a tight budget and I can't go out and spend $300 plus for the external connections. From reading I see you need to upgrade to a 4.1 soundcard or higher to separate front and rear channels but I cannot find an external usb sound card for a laptop out there without being sure it works. Thanks

Posted Thu 03 Jul 08 @ 7:13 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
My advise for you is to go and check out the bcd3000. Its better than the 2000, better chipset. It has 2 pre-amps and works flawless with 5.1, unless you dont want a mic, thats the only thing thats not fixed. The BCD3000 comes for about 200 Euros.

It works as a midicontroller but can also be used for timecodes. Plug your turntable into the bcd and connect the bcd and your pc with usb-port of the BCD. Now you can route your pc-audio-out into your external mixer and then to the speakers. Done. Timecode-controlled mixing via bcd3000.

It works absolutly perfect, i get about 1ms latency with asio4all. I never had any problems with the bcd3000.
Even it is made of plastic it is a nice little gadget i wont miss.

(Excuse my bad writing, i´m german)

Posted Tue 22 Jul 08 @ 5:04 pm

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 1:30 pm
greatmesk wrote :
My advise for you is to go and check out the bcd3000. Its better than the 2000, better chipset. It has 2 pre-amps and works flawless with 5.1, unless you dont want a mic, thats the only thing thats not fixed. The BCD3000 comes for about 200 Euros.

It works as a midicontroller but can also be used for timecodes. Plug your turntable into the bcd and connect the bcd and your pc with usb-port of the BCD. Now you can route your pc-audio-out into your external mixer and then to the speakers. Done. Timecode-controlled mixing via bcd3000.

It works absolutly perfect, i get about 1ms latency with asio4all. I never had any problems with the bcd3000.
Even it is made of plastic it is a nice little gadget i wont miss.

(Excuse my bad writing, i´m german)

Please enter your serial # into your profile. There is no Demo of 5.1 and u have been a member since 07. If you haven't bought the Pro Version please support of this product and buy it.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 2:01 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I think you misunderstood me. I am not using a 5.1 demo or a cracked version. I am using whatever demo is out at the moment to check if the bcd3000 is fully supported. But not constantly over and over again. Just once to check what has changed.
BTW isnt the demo at 5.2? Atleast this is what the downloadpage says.

I am using a different program but sometimes i go over to my friends house, whos got the proversion 5.1. And everytime i got my bcd with me it works. Well, except the mic-in, the extern-in buttons and the effect section. Untill these problems are solved i wont purchase this program.

So, this is why i dont have a serial. Because I simply dont own the program. But as you said, im registered here for a year. just because i want to be there when the mentioned problems are solved. But i wanted to help the TC, because he got answers like "no it doesnt work like you want it to" and this is a false statement in my opinion. See, if someone asks me how fast a ferrari can go, i will tell him even i dont own a ferrari myself. But if someone wants to see my drivers license i wont show him when im not driving. I hope you understand my point. I told him it would work flawless with 5.1, not that it works flawless on my 5.1 demo, because as you said, there is no 5.1 demo.

I wont go and spend another 250€ if my 250€ console isnt supported fully.

I respect you and the work that you do here on the board, but please understand that not everyone familiar with the program is a "virtual thief". And if people who own the pro-version and the bcd tell something that is wrong, i will stand up and say that it works.
(Imagine youre blind, someone tells you the sky is green and noone tells you its blue.....what world would we be living in?)

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 7:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)