Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Positive feedback for a change

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

This post's primary objective is to portray a different picture this technical support forum may provide the future users. I've only been using VDJ professionally (18-20 gigs /month) for half a year now, having made a very well thought through transfer from analog DJ:ing (ok, CDs too) to digital. Well thought through meaning reading about all the stuff that was *not* working in VDJ, Serato, Traktor Scratch, trying Serato my colleagues began using etc.. Reading through this forum and all of its negative sentiment may make some potential customers look elsewhere. So, these are my 50 cents (euro):

I'm a professional night club dj, playing three of five of our different "rooms" in Lounge Club Kharma (www.kharma.fi). These include Club, Oldies and Lounge rooms.

I began using VDJ in December 2007, using Acer TravelMate 7720 Laptop and Maya44 USB interface. Everything worked fine, except for a couple of timecode issues, which were attended to swiftly and then pointed to Maya's driver (not VDJ-related) - thank you cstoll for your input.

I have sinced moved on to ESI Audio U46 SE interface and found its audio output level and quality to be far superior to Maya44. In an emergency case I have been forced to use Serato's SSL1 interface - worked without a glitch. The audio quality issues, again, are not related to VDJ in any way, the point here is that it really does support a huge amount of hardware to choose from.

One of our rooms is oldies - being a place where I, sometimes, have to fill in as a bartender (yikes!). Automix has made my life a *lot* easier compared to the other guys on our roster. After 8 years of dj'ing with vinyls and CDs, I don't have to prove I can mix with no aid to *anyone* - VDJ is a *tool* for me and whining "beatsync-button" Serato-purists could really wake up and smell the coffee sometime. Besides, I still play the main room gigs the old fashioned way and still get the kicks of getting those 8's right.

This summer we began mixing videos on our screen along with the regular mp3's - and everything runs fine!

In addition to that, I have the VDJ laptop connected to our corporate WLAN, running firewall and anti-virus software on Vista (ffs!), with dozens of other background processes and VDJ itself has never crashed on me, not even *once*. There was an episode when Windows Update was configured to auto-download and install updates at 3 AM (the default setting) and forcefully rebooted, but again - not a VDJ-related issue.

What I'm trying to say here, is that Virtual DJ is an excellent piece of software, worth at least twice the amount you have to pay for it - compared to competition. I rarely post here - mainly because everything is working fine for me. However, I consider myself to be a heavy-user and I'd really like for other pros not to be discouraged with all the negative issues seen here and hear a positive view on things.

Thank you, VDJ crew!

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 3:01 am
i second that..the programs is really well thought out, they've given it alot of amazing features ..its definitely one of the best purchases i've made for my dj business.

Thanks VDJ Team! for all the hard work and effort!

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 3:28 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
i'm with you guys on those sentiments, i'm older than god so that will give you an idea of how long i've been behind the decks, problems seem in my view to be user related a vast majority of the time, if people only stood back and used the search function a lot more they would realise its not a software problem they are having but the gear they choose to use and the way in which they use it, i've had few problems when using vdj and i can put nearly everyone down to me or my lappy being at fault, the only problem that arose was with the rmx (so you can't blame vdj) when first purchased there was a sound problem with the unit but with the recent updates from hercules and vdj everything is now sweet in the garden.

you will always get help on these forums, everyone seems to want to pitch in and help each other which is absolutely fantastic compared to what i've heard what goes on in other dj related forums where they seem to be a more clique / look down on you if your stuck orientated setup, but that's their problem, me i'm happy here, great bunch of people, made lots of new friends around the world, what more could you ask for.... maybe's chucks rims, but you gotta be dam lucky to get a set of those

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 6:35 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tayla wrote :

you will always get help on these forums, everyone seems to want to pitch in and help each other which is absolutely fantastic compared to what i've heard what goes on in other dj related forums where they seem to be a more clique / look down on you if your stuck orientated setup, but that's their problem, me i'm happy here, great bunch of people, made lots of new friends around the world, what more could you ask for.... maybe's chucks rims, but you gotta be dam lucky to get a set of those

Here, Here

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 7:40 pm
I am glad you didn't have any problems. I only use the gear recommended here and I don't go out on any limbs. I still have problems. One of the things that causes issues here is you don't get any answers normally and when you do you had better be super nice about it or the support people for this company will tell you to behave.

I have never seen this before. People don't react well to this. They paid good money for this stuff and they don't get good results. By the time you come here to post an issue you have already been embarrassed by silence in the middle of the dance floor or maybe a noise out of your system that sounds like it is going to blow an amp.

There is no sympathy from the staff about this. No matter how many little logos of purchased products you have next to your name. Just because all of the other software sucks doesn't make this attitude ok. In my opinion. It is very counter productive since they make the software for users and not people on the staff of this company.

There is a very bad vibe here. I keep coming back and trying this stuff again after each new release and it just is a waste of time. I don't get many answers out of the forum here and I am a very advanced user. No beginner and I also don't give up easy. When I come here and see a bunch of smart ass answers from the staff I just get more convinced that I wasted some money. I can't even register the time code disks I wasted money on because the system here is so wonderful. When I say wonderful I really mean bad.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 7:41 pm
May be the reason why some questions never get answered is that the post is placed in the wrong section ie: shouldnt this one be for general discussion instead of the technical ? However i do agree with many points posted here.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 8:25 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sorry to hear of your problems mate and the opposite of what i've encountered, just wish i had the experience in the use of tcv's and maybe i may have been of help to you, but i do understand a lot of what you maybe experiencing and i too wish there was a dedicated help line from a certain commitment level of the software user upwards, where you can have a one on one diagnostic breakdown of a problem and not a variety of people giving their opinions and experiences/solutions on a particular fault you might be having at that time, maybe's, hopefully, something for the future... hope you can stick with it, not just because of the cash outlay but once you get those problems out the way it really is nice software to work with

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 8:36 pm
Sorry to hear of your issues man, I am personally on here damn near 7 days a week. If there is anything I can personally do to help just shoot me a pm, I may not be able to help with timecode but I can probably help with gettin your operating system tweaked to possibly make some of the issues better. On that note I will say that the weekends are probably the worst time to ask questions as there isnt that many users on like the middle of the week. You must also remember 90% of us here are all Volunteers. I too have noticed a lot of posts that get hijacked and turn into joke topics and wish that would stop. If a "Legit" user asks a question "I FEEL" that in that topic all he/she should get is answers and/or suggestions as to how to fix those said issues. I will personally be there to help if u need it and also u can get ahold of me on msn if i am not on here just shoot me a pm.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 12:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)