Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: cue thru headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

let me see if i can explain this well enough. All of a sudden i cant beatmatch my music using my headphones. I can cue and match (w/headphones) while in the dj booth, the match is perfect, but when i start crossfading the beats are are off, if i look a the rhythm window and check the CBG (compute beat grids) they are just a bit off, so i'll drop my earphones and just use the rhythm window to match the beats and it sounds great.. i've been doing it this way without any problems, but if i try again with my headphones..always off sync

i'm unable to solve why this is happening, i've changed all the different settings in my performance tab options (Under sound card latency)..without any luck...

Any suggestions

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 4:39 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Do you use 2 sound cards? They can make problem like this as the latency setting is not the same.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 08 @ 3:46 pm
no i only use one sound card, which goes out to the club soundsystem and i use the internal for my cue mixing.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 10:28 am
So what you're saying is you are using two soundcards.... One internal... one external

Posted Fri 27 Jun 08 @ 4:02 am
oh, well if you put it that way..yea, hahaha.

Yes, internal (cue)
external (Sound system)

Posted Sat 28 Jun 08 @ 2:39 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Which sound cards do you use? I suggest better sound card and use it for both outputs, that way the latency will be the same.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 08 @ 3:30 am
What ALF said... if you have two sound cards that aren't "syncing" correctly (different latency)... your final output will be off as well.

Posted Sat 28 Jun 08 @ 6:52 pm
i dont think its the sound card or rather having 2 sound cards, i've used this setting (2dif sound cards) for almost a year now and it worked fine, then all of a sudden i'm having this issue

Posted Sun 29 Jun 08 @ 9:35 pm
Are you using 5.1?
If yes, then under options disable the auto pitch match and see if that works. What do your have you headphones plugged into.....be more specific, every lappy has an internal soundcard that doesn't mean your using it.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 08 @ 9:57 pm
hi lenny

i'm using 5.1
The AUTO PITCH MATCHING is set to DISABLED...

"be more specific, every lappy has an internal soundcard that doesn't mean your using it."
I dont understand the question..can you explain a little more..

thanks

Posted Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 4:14 pm
djdarryl1 wrote :
no i only use one sound card, which goes out to the club soundsystem and i use the internal for my cue mixing.
What is your hardware setup.....??

Posted Mon 30 Jun 08 @ 4:52 pm
on my soundcards

the external one is TURTLE BEACH MICRO
and
internal is SIGMA TEL (dell)

Posted Sun 06 Jul 08 @ 11:23 am
In that case then..
DJ-ALF wrote :
I suggest better sound card and use it for both outputs, that way the latency will be the same.

Should solve your problem.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 08 @ 6:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)