Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: denon hc4500

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DABUCHEPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello sorry for my english
i just receive my hc4500
i put the maper of djborgis but the jogwell right no working
i have vista integral .
it's a problem from mapper or denon hc4500
Thank you
if it's possible answerd in french

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 2:12 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you have the updated firmware for the denon?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 2:00 am
DABUCHEPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yes i have iupdate firmware 1005 from denon
but i have just a probleme whith joggwheel right not working
i testing whitout maper from djborgis it's a same

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 3:42 am
It looks like you might have a faulty controller. You may need to return it back to where you purchased it for replacement.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 2:50 pm
I just installed my hc4500 it has version 1001 we registered went and downloaded updates, but for some reason when we try to drag the file to the download box, nothing happens. What I mean by nothing is according to the manual it is supposed to allow you to click on the load button and it doesn't. Is there something I am doing wrong> Also once I do this and then down load the mapper it will allow my fade to switch back in forth for video?

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 5:39 pm
Make sure the Denon HC-4500 is in update mode. Switch it off, then hold down BACK + SOURCE and switch it back on. You will see 'Update Mode' and the current installed firmware on the controller's display.

Run the Denon update program. Use the mouse to Drag and drop the update file (HC4500_V1005.bin) onto the update program window. You should see Updater version: ver. 1.005

Press the Load button to upload it to the HC-4500. Once complete, press OK and then click the Execute button to install it. Once the update is complete click OK and switch off the HC-4500 when you see 'Power off' on its displays.

For full upgrade instructions, please see the PDF file that Denon includes with the update. This provides step-by-step instructions with pictures.

The mapper will allow you to video crossfade if you have the Denon X500 or X900 mixer (Or any other Denon mixer that has the X-control feature.) You can also perform automatic video crossfades from the HC-4500 itself by holding down JOG MODE and pressing PLAY.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 6:37 pm
I was in the mode where it told me the current version (1001) on the left deck and don't touch on the right deck. I downloaded the new version one says hc4500 and the other is the AISO AND A MAC VERS. PLUS THE README andthey are in my downloaded files. The problem is the next step, where you are supposed to drag the file to the update program window. I drag it but there is no place for it to land. It still says it is waiting. This means the load button is not able to be clicked on. Well that don't happen.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 7:30 pm
Make sure it shows that the Denon HC4500 is connected in the 'Device Desc' section.

You can drag the update file HC4500_V1005.bin onto any part of the window and it should accept it. Drag it to the Update File section and you should see 'ver 1.005'. I'm able to do this even without the HC4500 connected!

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 8:17 pm
yeah my I. T. GUY tried it for 20 min. We are connected, and the left says the version I currently have and the right says I think Pc don't touch. I am currently loading my data base into the sytem now . We thought we were draggin the wrong file so we tried every one (except the readme) and the screen still said waiting. So, once I am get over this hurtle then I will try downloading your mapper. I have the x control on and once I have your mapper the fader should control the video slider? Do I still have to reverse the fader or is this now fixed?

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 9:07 pm
well I got bigger problems, this new puter is plenty strong the proto type ran vcd with a dac 3 seamless. They had music and every effect on both decks going including sonique and even spinning the jog wheels as fast as you can not a glitch. I just tried playing the same song on both decks, then tried an effect, the music & video played on one deck but the controller froze and the only way to stop was to power down controller. I spend the money for the best but a dac 3 ran it better. I still can't get the firmware upgrade to drag into the load box.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 08 @ 10:26 pm
When the HC4500 is connected and in update mode, it should show this in the updater software (On your computer screen) as well as the HC4500 display, along with the firmware version currently installed on the controller. The file you need to drag and drop onto the update software window is HC4500_V1005 (The .bin will be hidden unless you turn off 'hide file extensions' in Windows folder options.) If the files are in a .ZIP file, you may need to extract the contents of this to your hard disk first (Dragging and dropping may not work directly from a .ZIP file.)

djdv8tor wrote :
So, once I am get over this hurtle then I will try downloading your mapper. I have the x control on and once I have your mapper the fader should control the video slider? Do I still have to reverse the fader or is this now fixed?

Yes, providing you have connected the X-control cable and turned it on in the preset options of the HC4500 (It's off by default), it will work. There is no problem with reversed crossfader when using the mapper (I also think this problem has been fixed in native support now too.)

djdv8tor wrote :
well I got bigger problems, this new puter is plenty strong the proto type ran vcd with a dac 3 seamless. They had music and every effect on both decks going including sonique and even spinning the jog wheels as fast as you can not a glitch. I just tried playing the same song on both decks, then tried an effect, the music & video played on one deck but the controller froze and the only way to stop was to power down controller.

The controller will freeze within a matter of minutes until you load the latest firmware. Unfortunately, there is a bug in the earlier firmware that causes the controller to freeze. Unplugging the controller USB or switching it off should cause VDJ to start responding again.

djdv8tor wrote :
I spend the money for the best but a dac 3 ran it better. I still can't get the firmware upgrade to drag into the load box.

If you continue to experience problems getting the update to work, I would recommend contacting Denon directly:

http://www.denondj.com/support.asp

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 1:04 pm
thanks for your help, I do get the update screen and see the bin folder, I grab the file and nothing happens when I drop it in the update program box. I thought there ws a connection to why the thing was freezing up and the firmware upgrade. I did post something on the denon forum but who knows when it will be up and runnin with an answer. Thanks again. I just want to get my new toy running!

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 2:04 pm
ok I found the problem I was grabbing the bin file out of my documents folder, I actually needed to drag to my desk top and then into the upgrade box, that worked. Have way there now I remember readingthat I needed to delete the old program and then restart. I just have to find out where the old program is.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 5:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)