Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASIO or not to ASIO with the RMX??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it best to use the ASIO sound driver option under Setting -> Sound Settings -> Sound Cards(s) or should I be using the Hercules DJ Console option instead? What is best when using the RMX? Whats the difference??

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 9:23 am
ASIO is only neccesary for using timecodes or for using the inputs, at least that's how I understand it. I find it safer to use the WDM drivers as they are always far more stable than ASIO. Using VDJ 5.1 and WDM drivers for the RMX I have absolutly zero problems except for trying to use 2 cards for 3 channel mixer;^]

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 11:17 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Timmyg1978 wrote :
ASIO is only neccesary for using timecodes or for using the inputs, at least that's how I understand it.

That's true Timmy, but I've found it alot better running my mk2 on the Asio mode. For some strange reason the sound quality is alot better for me whilst using Asio mode. I get no pops or hicups.

When I get my RMX next week I'll probably still run VirtualDJ in that mode, when I use the RMX at a gig.

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 11:26 am
ASIO with a low latency setting will make scratching or cueing with the jogwheels on a controller more responsive, so even without timecode, it's usually beneficial to use ASIO.

The downside is ASIO is more prone to sound break-up due to high CPU usage, or if a latency setting that's too low for the computer to be able to handle is used.

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 1:08 pm
Okey doke. I dont use TCV or TCCD so my main requirement is for good response on the x-fade and volume sliders, and also to a lesser extent, the rotary mid low and highs. When mixing i have noticed a delay between the hardware (RMX) and software and it is that I am trying to reduce. So, from the above posts, i am guessing i need to fiddle with the ASIO to get the best response without loosing sound quality, and its in fact ASIO over WDM that I need to concentrate my efforts on???

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 5:24 pm
The best thing is to try both ways, if you can find a better setting to your liking using ASIO stick with it. I guess I'm the lucky one, no response delays or sound issues for me using the WDM drivers except in 3 channel mixer mode, though scratching is extremly weak but I've got TCCD for that. I only use the jogs for cueing & pitch bends;^]

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 9:52 pm
Right. Will have a play around. So, if Im wanting to use the ASIO driver, do I select the 'ASIO Driver' option under Config>Sound Setup> Soundcard(s) or do I select the 'DJ Console RMX' option? Im still unsure what the the difference between the two is?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 5:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)