Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Midi Mapper for denon DN-S1200

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 8:35 am
Native support needs to be added to VirtualDJ by the dev team before mapper plugins can be created for this controller.

However, you can map it via the general MIDI mapper in VDJ. This will allow you to use the controller, but the lights, etc. will not work (Native support is required for that.)

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 12:59 pm
jpboggis, the button works from the mapper the Denon rep post It on this forum, but the jogwheel does not work.

How about a small step by step to make the jogwheel work In via the general MIDI mapper In Virtual DJ?

Posted Sat 21 Jun 08 @ 4:42 pm
Looking at the technical spec. for that controller, the MIDI layout is very similar to the HC4500 - The following should work if you add it to your MIDI map XML file (My Documents\VirtualDJ\midi.xml):

<ctrl ctrl="81" midichannel="1" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="scratch_wheel" chan="1" increments="1" />
<note note="81" midichannel="1" action="scratchwheel_touch" chan="1" value="temporary " />
<note note="4" midichannel="1" action="vinyl_mode" />
<ctrl ctrl="81" midichannel="2" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="scratch_wheel" chan="2" increments="1" />
<note note="81" midichannel="2" action="scratchwheel_touch" chan="2" value="temporary " />
<note note="4" midichannel="2" action="vinyl_mode" />

With the above, JOG MODE (note="4") will toggle between vinyl scratch and pitch bend modes.

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 6:17 pm
jpboggis, thank you for the informations on how to map the jogwheel.

Questions for you, do I copy and paste these commands to the xlm denon mapper or the Virtual DJ xlm files? Second, In what line of the xlm file should I copy and paste
that part you have posted above?

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 10:47 pm
You can add it to either - Adding it to the Denon file might be a good idea so that you can import it again in future if you need to.

Open the file in Notepad to edit it (Right-click on file and choose Edit.)

First, you should search for and remove any existing MIDI map lines for ctrl="81", note="81" or note="4" (To clear any mappings Denon added for the Jogwheel (Which aren't working.))

Next, paste in the new jogwheel mappings just above the final </midi> line.

Start VDJ and then import the new MIDI config to it.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 1:08 pm
"Open the file in Notepad to edit it (Right-click on file and choose Edit.)

First, you should search for and remove any existing MIDI map lines for ctrl="81", note="81" or note="4" (To clear any mappings Denon added for the Jogwheel (Which aren't working.))

Next, paste in the new jogwheel mappings just above the final </midi> line.

Start VDJ Mac and then import the new MIDI config to it."

I followed your instructions and when I open configure In Virtual DJ Mac It does not show up. The wheel still does not work

Posted Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 3:21 pm
Those instructions are for VDJ v5.1 on a PC - I don't have a Mac.

The Mac version is VDJ v5.0.7, so the wheelmode_touch and vinylmode shortcuts won't work (Those were added in v5.1)

Try using the following to implement a vinyl-scratch wheel:

<ctrl ctrl="81" midichannel="1" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="scratch" chan="1" increments="32" />
<note note="81" midichannel="1" action="hold" chan="1" value="temporary " />
<ctrl ctrl="81" midichannel="2" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="scratch" chan="2" increments="32" />
<note note="81" midichannel="2" action="hold" chan="2" value="temporary " />

Or for pitch bend only with the jogwheel:

<ctrl ctrl="81" midichannel="1" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="scratch" chan="1" increments="1" />
<ctrl ctrl="81" midichannel="2" mode="encoder" encodermode="1" action="scratch" chan="2" increments="1" />

NOTE: You won't be able to have both with a toggle between the two (As the original code I posted will allow) - For that, you will need to wait for v5.1 for the Mac to be released, which will allow the original MIDI mappings I posted to work.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 08 @ 4:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)