Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: stupid question, TT sound quality on TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bandenkHome userMember since 2005
Hey.. quick one..

I want a one TT setup... does the sound quality of TT effect the TCV system?

So why get 1200 if i can get cheaper TT? anyone can give me the reason?

thx

Posted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 4:39 am
It's all a question of built quality. And if you want, image...

It's like having a Mercedes and a Renault... You can drive both as well... But there's one that just feels better =P

I hope i am right... That's just my opinion though...

Posted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 5:52 am
if your using belt drives then it will flucuate and u will notice the bpm always moving but you can still beat lock so whats the big deal! i agree but personally direct drive is the way to go especially if you want to scratch as the platter is definitly going to stop when you put you hand on the vinyl! but you could try replacing the belt with a tighter belt and it will improve the torqu a bit (im using a big rubber band on my TT1610!) all it does is make it tighter so it has more power to the platter;)

Posted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 12:58 pm
You are not going to be using the TT for sound. You will be using it for Time Code, right? So it doesn't matter. Even if you were to be using turntables for sound, a Technics SL-1200 does not sound better than any cheap belt-drive turntable (at low volumes or when using headphones). It is just heavier and is specifically designed to better handle rumble, low end, banging in to it and other physical conditions.

Actually, $10K audiophile turntables are belt drives! The motor is farther away thus quiter. The platters are made out a thick glass or plexiglass, I think. I wouldn't recommend them for TCV! LOL!

Technics do keep the pitch setting better. You can work on it. It is built better, it's stabler.

But for Time Code use it does not sound better. Hope this helps.

My home setup and my kid:

My home setup sans kid:

Posted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 8:30 pm
thats a sweet coffin mind telling where you got it.?
thanks for your time
huey

Posted Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 11:37 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
thats a sweet coffin mind telling where you got it.?
thanks for your time
huey

Huey, thanks for asking.
I had it custom made to my exact specifications by Odyssey Innovative Designs in Azusa, Ca. It is one of a kind. There were two made before it that were more like prototypes. They were made for Murk Records.

Mine has a two rack space rear access cover giving you access to all three turntables from the back+. It is the first three turntable coffin to have 2 rack space areas below each of the 4 rack space slanted areas. Mine has double plywood spacing in between the turntables.

The original two didn't have any of these three features.

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 12:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)