Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Possible 5.1 bug selecting FX via MIDI...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi folks,

I've noticed a small problem in 5.1 relating to the MIDI control. I assign 3 midi buttons to each deck to select and activate FX. I use the effect_select(+1), effect_select(-1) and effect_activate functions to scan through and select the desired effect. On deck two this works fine, but on deck one there appears to be a problem.

When using effect_select(-1) on deck one, instead of just clicking through the list of installed effects, it brings up a popup window of available effects. This only happens on deck one when using the (-1) value, if the function is set as (+1) it works as normal.

In addition, if you then select an effect via midi while this popup window is open, the deck plays rather erratically. The brake effect causes it to play back forwards at high speed when you restart the song, while the backspin effect causes VDJ to freeze up completely, requiring a CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it.

Anybody else got a midi controller who can try this for themselves and see if this problem can be replicated on another system?

Posted Thu 19 Jun 08 @ 4:57 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have just tested in MIDI and I can't reproduce it

Posted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 8:02 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ah well, must be my something to do with my computer then - I'll try reinstalling and see if that fixes it... cheers for trying it on your machine Cel...

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 2:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)