Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: V5.0.7 Major Problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Heat95PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Problem 1

I have a Macbook Pro 2.4 w/ a 320gig hard drive and 4 gigs of ram. I have an external drive of about 400 gigs of music...yes i know over kill! I've cleaned up my system however i can't clear out my database of old music. I've gone to Browser and click fix, clean, check with no success. Old files are still around in Virtual DJ. I've even gone as far as deleting all music files with the exception of downloaded songs to clear it out without success.

Problem 2

System keeps on crashing. So far at every gig it crashes at least once. I'm not sure why!!! I've been DJing on computers as far back as 95/96 with DJ POWER, then to RED, and now Virtual and i can honestly say the two prior programs rarely if even crashed. I don't want to trash Virtual DJ, i just want resolutions so anyone please help!!!

Posted Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 11:29 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Heat95,

Do u use more than 1 external HDD with same songs on it for problem 1? R u using ur internal drive for the same list of songs too?

Do u receive any error msg during the crash n what did u do when it crash for problem 2? Pls define more. Thanks.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 08 @ 11:48 pm
The external drive had different songs. Long story short, I was on a PC switch to Mac. Way back in the day I recorded a lot of music in mono and a very low kbit rate with the idea that if i were to lose a speaker the other would carry the entire song. Quality wasn't really affected so it worked well up to now. I switched to Mac and Virtual DJ only to find out that Virtual DJ is a true stereo program and that a lot of my music sounded like crap. So I recently sent my entire library off to be re-recorded at 320kbit and with all the tags etc. So the music on my internal drive was different than my external, yes there were some duplicates however they were all in different files and drives. I suspect that one thing that could have caused the crashing was a sata adapter. Last Saturday after the crash i pulled that out and went to a USB and had no crashes, however with that said i still can't clear my music out of my data base. I went through the entire genre list and deleted everything there manually and i'm still finding old files that don't work. I don't understand why the browser won't fix, clear, or clean. Also when they say to delete your v5 database what exactly do they mean? Sorry i've been trying to get things straight now for about 13 hours now so I'm a little hyped up on caffeine.

Posted Wed 18 Jun 08 @ 12:16 am
Now i'm getting a message everytime i reboot Virtual Dj that the root drive is corrupt and to go to browser/root drive and click fix. Well i've done that and every time i go to reboot i get the same message again. I 've done nothing to the system nor have i added any music. I click config/browser then i click on fix. I shut the program down and then open again only to get the same message.

Posted Wed 18 Jun 08 @ 1:07 am
the database "fix, clean" option does not work on mac at this time. I have a sub that uses my mbp and i can't clean his out either...p.i.t.a!!!

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 12:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)