Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac Book Selection Help!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ALI11CUE userMember since 2006
I'm looking for a mac nootbook and i need help on buying the right one I use Numark Cue with Total Control and i only spin audio! I want something reliable no damn freezing or problems i'm realy interested in the black 13 inch just for the fact that it's so small and compact let me know if these are good specs or if i should step up to the mac book pro!!
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB memory 3MB shared L2 cache
250GB Serial ATA, 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)/// 13.3-inch (viewable) glossy widescreen
1280 x 800 pixels//// Intel GMA X3100 graphics processor with 144MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory4

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 9:20 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes if u only spin audio, those are good enough:)

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 11:14 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
What if you mix videos? Will a Current specd macbook (say with 2gb of ram) work good or is a MBP needed?

Please reply only from support team or someone with Macbook experience.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 8:05 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Jchiar,

Well, if u mix video, then MBP is needed.

For the current spec macbook it is ok for basic video mixing but not for advance video mixing as the graphic card is shared. And to my experience even using the macbook it is better than using on my PC lappy which also have a shared memory (Nvidia 7400). The letdown is that when using macbook after some time the video will be a bit lag n jerky. But this is different when using with macbook pro which have its own dedicated card not shared and from what i heard.

The Intel GMA X3100 is better than the old generation of macbook which is using the Intel GMA 950.

So conclusion if u solely wanna mix audio n basic video then macbook is enough;)

Regards.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 08 @ 4:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)