Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Total control makes horrible sounds when used

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AntzDjCUE userMember since 2007
I got numark cue and total control, I spent £1500 on a laptop, dual core, 2gb ram etc top spec ibm thinkpad, so should be good enough to power all!
I recently made the switch from my pioneer cdj100 mk3's, djm 800 to all laptop, so all i turn up with now is my rucksack with laptop and external hard drive, and the controller in my hand, no boxes of 12" frisbys or cd's. Im no computer wizz, but i cant find the right settings to get rid of the sounds the faders or jog dials make on total control! I need the latency set to as little as one sec. I play house and dnb events and cut with the faders loads, only when i use them there is a horrible grumble that comes out of the speakers! No matter what way round i use the sound card config! The only way i can get rid of it sometimes is by setting latency to auto, but this is just too slow in operation, the track starts too delayed, the faders are slow! I know it's not my laptop as i had a friend who is a wizzard with computers, he checked what it was doing while everything was working (music/vids/multiple monitor etc) and he said my laptop was'nt even breaking a sweat! This is realy annoying as i have no faith in this whole system! It also does it on my desktop pc too! I dont think it's a sound card issue, but a software issue! What is the best settings any of you guys use?

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 4:02 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
In performance settings try to disable Safe Mode.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 4:45 pm
Are you sure it's not the soundcard that can't handle the latency? My total control was making funny noises once, when my sound card was set at too low on a latency (I use the numark DJ/IO) but since I speed that up and set VDJ to auto it's worked flawlessly.

If you have a DJM800, map that to the software its blatently way better than the total control.

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 7:00 pm
I dont want to be taking my 800 every where with me, lol. The total control is light! I will eventually set up my cdj's and djm to use with the software for at home, but at the moment it's total control for me. I use a cheap usb sound card for monitoring, and the laptop sound card for master, no matter what way round i use them, its crap. If i set it to auto, its too slow, if i disable any of the settings like safe mode or overclock, it gets worse! I used a copied version of vdj for a year doing video gig's, but then bought the cue to get into it properly and start mixing live with it. Not going well at the moment.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 2:25 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 4:41 am
It's likely to be the sound card, you put alot more stress on the software using two. I did that until i got the Numark DJ/IO and i'd highly recommend that card.

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 7:18 am
Ok, i'll go get one. But looking about, i realy need one with a midi in dont i? if i want to use my djm 800? And an audio in to use the 1000mk3's with the time coded cd's! Is any one doing this yet? As that's the way im heading for my bedroom set up! see myspace.com/dj_antz in the photos to see how i got it!

Posted Mon 16 Jun 08 @ 8:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)