Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX - 3 Queries - Please Help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently upgraded from the MK2 to the RMX. There is no disputing that the RMX is a much better feeling & looking bit of kit. The jog wheels, rotarys and sliders (esp. the x-fade) have a much better feel than the MK2. The RMX actually feels like a professional mixer, however I am having a few gripes setting it up with the VDJ software.

I have upgraded from the VDJ Console edition 3.4.1 which came with with MK2 to 5.0.6 which with the RMX.
I have also just updated the drivers to the new release on the Hercules Website, but I still have the following queries:

1) With the LE version can you change the ASIO and latency settings? If so where?

2) I have a reoccurring problem with a track skipping forward at high speed after loading. It doesnt happen all the time but when it does its pretty terminal, you cant stop the track skipping forward and loading a new track doesnt sort it, it keeps skipping. The only way out is to reload VDJ. Not the best if playing out. It happened more frequently with the first driver version but to my big disappointment it has happened since upgrading to the new drivers. Any thoughts?

3) With the old MK2 the three loop buttons on each channel let you set a loop to either 4,2,or 1 beats. Great for looping on the fly, I used to use the feature alot. Can the 1-6 Buttons be set the same on the RMX? I have the RMX Button Configurator program but cant seem to set an actual value of loops plus start looping to one of the 1-6 numbered buttons. Any help or talk through on how to setup a similar looping system utilising these 1-6 buttons would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance for you suggestions, the RMX is great bit of kit, I just need to bridge the gap from the MK2 !
Rich

Posted Sun 15 Jun 08 @ 12:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)